Suggestions for a charcoal grill?

f0b9e9c49026abedd7a5ed82c6711ccf.jpg

73b67c4da2dc69f8a3cf0c6b021bdf4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Webber kettle. It is versatile and there are many accessories for it. I would avoid lookalikes they are often made with sup-par materials.

A while back when I was considering a PK I sent an email to the company and asked how long it would cook on a load of charcoal on a low and slow cook. He answered back 2 hours which doesn't make sense.

Like others have stated, I can get around 6 hours on a load of charcoal using the minion method. I'm not sure why they only told you 2 hours because that is not true.

I really like my Weber Kettle, and I enjoy cooking on it sometimes. But for year-round grilling (in the cold of winter), it can't compete with my PK360. And it's not even close.

I'm not downing the Kettle. For the money, it really can't be beat. But it does have its shortcomings, while the only shortcoming of the PK360 is price.

My weber kettles grill just fine in the winter. Smoking is a bit more of an issue as it's not insulted, and therefore burns through fuel faster, but grilling ? Not a problem as the direct heat rises.

FWIW, there are a couple of unknown factors that would help with the discussion. First being the budget. Second, are you concerned about "impressions" at all ?

I.e. would a Weber Kettle be perfectly fine for you ? Do you want something that will make more of an "impression" sitting on your patio ? Like a Kamado / Egg type of thing ?> Or a Weber Charcoal Summit ? Want to go with something like an Assassin ? All have their strong points and vastly different price points.

Back