THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I will for sure be trying it with a beer bath and with out, I have wanted to try the beer bath thing ever since I have seen the Johnsonville commercial, it looked very good.

willkat98 said:
I'm not big on the beer bath thing.

Inlaws insisted on it one time. Used some sort of heavy lager or something.

Thing tasted like shiit. Boiled lager meat.

So, like my sauce, I take my beer on the side, where it belongs :razz:

I tend to agree with you there, Bill. All this talk of brats got me to pick up some brats and Italian sausage for this weekends cook.

Y'all done talked me into whooping up some brats for the Texas-ou game.

chargriller said:
The beer bath brats were great, finished them off while watching the Nebraska game, they almost won the dam game.

The brats almost won the game? :roll:

I had planned on bathing some brats yesterday, but we ended up with chicken instead (long story...). I'm going to cook the brats today. These are from The Brat Stop, a restaurant and bar in Kenosha, Wisconsin. They have been in business for at least 30 years. Great brats!

I did the Poobah's brats Saturday night, on the stove. Four cans of cheap beer, ten Johnsonvilles, two sweet onions, spices, garlic and bay leaves. Ate four and cooked down the other six for about three hours. Oh man....

never did it on the stove.. and its real rare a brat lasts 3 hours in the bath, :shock: they usually gone alot faster cause its outside with people around. We jsut keep adding brats and onions, and beer... and stuff....By the endo f the day, went thru 2 sixpacks and a bag of onions. :mrgreen:

Came out good on the stove?

BBQchef33 said:
never did it on the stove.. and its real rare a brat lasts 3 hours in the bath, :shock: they usually gone alot faster cause its outside with people around. We jsut keep adding brats and onions, and beer... and stuff....By the endo f the day, went thru 2 sixpacks and a bag of onions. :mrgreen:

Came out good on the stove?

Yeah! I just didn't have the time to fark with the 'Dera :frown: so I figured I'd stove-top 'em and they were great. After we ate the first batch I threw in some more onions and covered the pot and let it simmer on low. Got engrossed in a 3-hour movie and forgot to check on them... Best thing I could have done, really, since farking with them would have just made them go gone instead of soaking up the spices & beer. Thanks again, Phil! I do believe you're on my wife's Christmas card list. ;)

Mine were good after 3 hours in the Dera, but I used all Hickory chunks this time. Talk about Mesquite being strong, the hickory smoke was so strong I couldn't tell the difference between the brats and italian sausage. I think I will stick with half mesquite and half hickory or pecan from now on.

Back