Brats n Taters

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Been way too long since I've made this. Elk Brats from Wurst Kitchen, if you're in the Chicago area, take a ride out to Aurora. :thumb: Some warm German potato salad, so good and so easy and some kraut.

I3KgnWJh.jpg

4uJJo8Eh.jpg

5ul2jQZh.jpg

vld7hb0h.jpg

Good stuff! Thanks for looking.

LICNLCKh.jpg

Looks awesome! And I don't care for kraut, either. And never had Elk. I'd sure dive into that, though.

It seems like there is more to this story if you care to share. I'm interrested in : warm potato salad? And what's red in that krout?

It seems like there is more to this story if you care to share. I'm interrested in : warm potato salad? And what's red in that krout?
Kraut was just Polish kraut with caraway seeds with pieces of bacon added. Potato salad is just your standard German potato salad. Fry up some bacon pieces, remove from pan and add onion & garlic to the bacon grease, cook up, add some flour & sugar, cook for a bit, add some beef broth and acv, salt, pepper, parsley. Mix in potatoes that have been boiled and sliced. Add bacon. Plenty of recipes out there on the interwebs. I don't really have a recipe, just eyeball it. Warm, tangy, slightly sweet, good stuff.

It really shouldn't be called potato salad. Its more of a potato's and gravy. For the longest time i refused to try it just because the thought of heating up potato salad grossed me out. Also reminded me of hot bacon dressing salad which is gross. I can do cooked spinach, but cooked wilted iceberg lettuce is gross.

Back