THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Today I was going to open fire UDS some rotisserie chicken but the skies are threatening rain....so plan B. I haven't spatched one in a while and i thought i'd show my Jimmy smoker some love. I put my Jimmy under cover :mrgreen: and prepped for the bird.

Just light the charcoal in the basket... The bird will go on when i'm in the 350-400 range.

1) I take heavy duty scissors and cut out the back bone.

2) Dry your bird! If you want good skin this is a critical step. I just take paper towels to it.

3) Season the inside well with salt and pepper

4) I don't inject for moisture but rather flavor... I had a little i had to use up so here we go. Inject from the inside so you don't re wet the skin.

5) rub a dub dub

I've been cutting out the sternum between the breasts. It will work that way but yours looks better.
Cutting out the back also gives you crab bait, or stock base.
Smush it up good and your cats and dogs can eat it, raw or cooked.
To the OP - great looking cook! ( and is the Jimmy 18 1/2" ??)
Going to throw hot coals in my 'Joe' right now.

Killer looks food again man! What was the wood you used?
Apple wood cut from a local apple tree farm.

Cutting out the back also gives you crab bait, or stock base.
Smush it up good and your cats and dogs can eat it, raw or cooked.
To the OP - great looking cook! ( and is the Jimmy 18 1/2" ??)
Going to throw hot coals in my 'Joe' right now.
Yep it's a Jumbo Joe so it's 18.5"

Very nice. I've been doing it all wrong. I've been cutting out the sternum between the breasts. It will work that way but yours looks better.
Hmmm I'm trying to picture what it would look like that way toast.

Looks great as usual Keith.

Think I might need a bigger mini. :shock:
Thanks Adam!

That Jimmy is one HELL of a cooker... 2 racks, cooks hotter than all get out which makes it a perfect chicken cooker, grills like a champ and sears like a beast! This Fall you should try to get a Jumbo Joe on clearance.

Hmmm I'm trying to picture what it would look like that way toast.

It looked like a bow legged chicken. :biggrin1:

6z4fsx.jpg

2a7a7bn.jpg

2rrut69.jpg

I really did not know that I had cut it the wrong way. :doh:

Back