THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Has anyone ever seen a Performer cart turned into a cart for a UDS? Seems like it might work since the cart is desiged to fit around a 22.5" Weber Performer. If anyone has a pic of such a setup, I'd love to see it.

Someone in my neck of the woods is selling their Performer (with a steel cart) for $125, but that seems to rich for me given that I just want the lid and the cart for my drum.

I built a cart for my two 18" WSM's from a Performer cart, and have two Large Big Green Eggs mounted in a Metro shelve cart. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it.

for what it's worth, when i put my drum on my platinum cart, the side rails had to be flexed out just a bit. given that i had broken my side table and needed to make a new one, this was not a big issue. this may be peculiar to the platinum cart but something you may want to take into account.

Its gonna be a tight fit with a drum on the old style Performer cart. Now that I think about it the kettle is mounted on the frame with brackets a couple inches below the lip narrowing the diameter, I'd pass on it unless you had a 30 gallon drum.

100_1758.jpg

I used Metro shelves for my Large BGE's and they don't roll very far!

100_3292.jpg

Back