Anyone make good stainless steel grates for 18” WSM?

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
The grates on my 18”WSM are rusted and I’m looking to get stainless steel replacements.

I love the KillaGrilla 304 stainless grate I bought for my 22” performer a few years ago, but found that they went out of business earlier this year.

Does anyone make an equivalent grate for the 18” and 22” WSM?

Link below to Smokin Hot BBQ. He does a lot of custom work. However, I do not see any round weber-like grates on his website. Give the owner a call and he might be willing to produce one for you especially if he realizes the potential market.

https://shb-customs.square.site/s/order?shipping=true&item=#7

With that being said, I would not hesitate a minute to give Mark Hunsaker a call. That 18" grate at $49.99 will probably last a lifetime. Huge difference in stainless longevity versus the chrome plated grates.

YMMV.

Good luck with you quest.

Robert

Link below to Smokin Hot BBQ. He does a lot of custom work. However, I do not see any round weber-like grates on his website. Give the owner a call and he might be willing to produce one for you especially if he realizes the potential market.

https://shb-customs.square.site/s/order?shipping=true&item=#7

With that being said, I would not hesitate a minute to give Mark Hunsaker a call. That 18" grate at $49.99 will probably last a lifetime. Huge difference in stainless longevity versus the chrome plated grates.

YMMV.

Good luck with you quest.

Robert

Thanks!

I just pulled the trigger to get the upper and lower grates from Hunsaker!

The Hunsaker stainless grates came in today and they are well made and appear that they will last forever. They were also well packed with big box staples instead of tape.
IMG-5019.jpg

IMG-5020.jpg

IMG-5021.jpg

Thanks, They are regular steel that will rust out in time. They use the same marketing as “Byron David Trott capital partners” aka “The new Weber” and stainless steel is the color of the grates.

It amazes me people still buy Weber. Their quality is no better then every other made in china brand out there nowadays, and premium priced. I have a WSM and a 22" Master touch which came with a premium stainless steel grate with two side hinges and a removable center grate. Its some garbage stainless steel because its already pitted with surface rust. Not to mention the nut/bolt that holds the charcoal sliding cleaning fin thingy in place is completely rusted shut and no longer works so i have to use a shop vac to clean out the ash.

Will never buy Weber every again.

It amazes me people still buy Weber. Their quality is no better then every other made in china brand out there nowadays, and premium priced. I have a WSM and a 22" Master touch which came with a premium stainless steel grate with two side hinges and a removable center grate. Its some garbage stainless steel because its already pitted with surface rust. Not to mention the nut/bolt that holds the charcoal sliding cleaning fin thingy in place is completely rusted shut and no longer works so i have to use a shop vac to clean out the ash.

Will never buy Weber every again.

A magnet does not stick to stainless steel. The Hunsaker grills passed the magnet test with flying colors. The magnet didn’t stick at all so I know they are stainless. I bet the magnet will stick to your Weber Stainless steel “color” grates. I bet those Weber grates are just regular steel with a thin chrome.

Back