THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clint - thanks for the heads up. An early email from Liz said people's choice started after our last turn in "but you could start sooner potentially".

Hey guys, I'm one of the organizers of the Staten Island BBQ event this weekend and am here to answer any questions. We're super excited to have you join us. Let me know if I can help with anything. Orly

I'm competing with Guido/BBQ Mafia, and his Lang is longer than 10', its about 17'!! We were told 20x20 and even paid extra for 20x30 because they promised us we could use the extra space to park our cars next to our site - I have an email confirming this request. Now they are saying no cars/trailers which if it is a grass field and its raining, we can understand to some degree, but....

10x10 seems rather small.

Late check in, potential rain disaster and cooking more food with the people's choice portion right after KCBS turn ins as well - should be an interesting weekend to say the least.

Hey guys, spoke with Phil last week, and I think we are in good shape. We're going to make sure everyone gets the space they need. If you post to this site with info, that will help us.

Ah cool. Thanks Orly! Just sorting out site layout and our trailer since we keep a lot of the equipment in it, especially if it is pouring rain.

guys, i spent a while on the phone with Orly and space wise they are going to accommodate us for whats needed. Shes going to be monitoring this thread, so any requirements you have, let her know, especially when it comes to space and power.

Some power will be available but may be >100 feet away, so bring extra extension cords. Water may also be available via hoses... Just in case they can work this out, make sure you have your hoses and Y connectors.

Also, You can pull in early as Friday as long as orly knows and can make the arrangements.

Orly-

We have a 6' x 12' trailer and need it on site. We cannot operate without it. It will fit in our 20x20 designated space. Thanks for accommodating us. We will also be prepared with extension cords and hoses for any available water or electricity. Electricity is more important to us than a hose hookup. Thanks.

-Greg and Mark, Smokopolis BBQ

Hi Orly

we too have a trailer that needs to be on site. All our equipment will fit in a 20x20 site. Our trailer is 16 feet lon

Thanks
Tim
Can't Stop Grillin'

Orly,
I'm planning to bring a 100ft extension cord for power. Can you let me know for sure if power will be available, and this will be enough length.
--Josh

Orly,

I need to park my truck on my site as it offers dry storage and dry sleeping.

20 x 20 will do.

Can you please confirm power and hose hook-up availability?

Many thanks,

Steve

Orly, same as Meat@Slims - that is, I need my truck on site, mostly for storage, but also for rest. Looks like rain is likely.

Should also be able to stuff it all in 20'x20'.

Thanks very much.

Chuck

Hi Orly,

BBQ Mafia paid for the larger space, 20'x30', and because of the weather, we too are going to need our SUV's onsite. We can fit our smoker, cars and everything else within the 20x30 space. I had originally emailed with Liz about this when the contest first was announced and at the time she ok'd parking cars by our site if we paid for the extra room.

One other question - for people's choice, are we handing it out from our competition area, or is there a centralized area where we hand in our pork and they serve from there? Just wondering if we are serving, are we provided with plates/napkins/utensils, etc to hand out? It is our first people's choice alongside a KCBS event so just wanted to double check protocol.

Thank you!

"And Cantwell isn’t just blowing smoke up our collective you know what — his “Smoke In Da Eye” team intends to school the competition" :blah::blah::blah::blah:

ohhhhhhhh seriously?............. pfffttttt.. smack talkin! :puke:

"And Cantwell isn’t just blowing smoke up our collective you know what — his “Smoke In Da Eye” team intends to school the competition" :blah::blah:

Clint's going to fly into the comp wearing his superhero cape, a mask and skin tight leotard. Only to be taken out by kid Hart and the mighty Jambo!

"And Cantwell isn’t just blowing smoke up our collective you know what — his “Smoke In Da Eye” team intends to school the competition" :blah::blah::blah::blah:

ohhhhhhhh seriously?............. pfffttttt.. smack talkin! :puke:

Yawnnnn......

Old Richmond Historic District(AP) Update: Latest reports confirmed Smokeindaeye BBQ Fears the Pig so bad it brought on a Hart Attack. Mr. Eye was given CPR by R2BQ and driven home by Mr Bobo who was sporting Morning Wood and a Blazing Butt.

:drama::butt:

Back