SS autopsy table frame...

Hmmm...it looks like you have quite a few smokers/grills in your arsenal, I like your idea of making it a cooking table and adding a drink tub. Can you add wheels or casters to the bottom for mobility? That would be a good addition.

Me thinks you are playing with the spirits. Diana and Chupacabra will come over for Q.:wink:
My wife is available for curing ojo(sp?).

Great find, man.
Now you can get back at the hippie for jacking you around on the drums.:shock::wink::twisted:

I already got payback. I had a buddy call pretending to want to buy all the drums and told him if he hauled all of them out of the basement and had them waiting for him out front of the building he'd give him 20 bucks a drum and and extra 40 for his trouble. Well, buddy new showed and he had to haul them all back to the basement.:twisted:
Do yo mean the waving the egg over the person, cracking the egg into a cup and tossing in bristles from the broom kinda ojo? Dude, that one cracked me up. My mother in law got my wife into doing that stuff on our kids when they are cranky and can't sleep. I tell her they got colic or an upset stomach but they insist someone gave them the stink eye. Too funny. One time my MIL even came over at like 3 in themorning to perform the ritual. Now that kinda chit freaks me out more than an autopsy table!!

Hmmm...it looks like you have quite a few smokers/grills in your arsenal, I like your idea of making it a cooking table and adding a drink tub. Can you add wheels or casters to the bottom for mobility? That would be a good addition.

THe more I think about it, the more I want to lwave the WSM out and make the whole thing a table with the SJP off to the side and a beer tub on the other with a big ol umbrella(Bubba Mod). I just thought about raising it to almost bar height and putting stools around it and making it into one of them grill your meat on a stick kinda deals with the beer buckets built in! Maybe the farking ghosts will help me decide!:shock:

Do yo mean the waving the egg over the person, cracking the egg into a cup and tossing in bristles from the broom kinda ojo? Dude, that one cracked me up. My mother in law got my wife into doing that stuff on our kids when they are cranky and can't sleep. I tell her they got colic or an upset stomach but they insist someone gave them the stink eye. Too funny. One time my MIL even came over at like 3 in themorning to perform the ritual. Now that kinda chit freaks me out more than an autopsy table!!
Yep, that kinda ojo!! I keep telling the suegra if she keeps that chit up, when she's old and grey, she'll get the the room in our house with the coocooies!!!!:lol:

Shanne--Maybe your MIL and mine can get together and do the ojo on the table and cleanse it of all evil!!:twisted: I wonder how many other folks here have heard of the stuff?

Well, after long thought, I have decided to just make it a bar height table for the backyard. Dropping a grill into is would just kill a lot of the center space and the bottom rails are perfect foot rails. I think I'll still do the umbrella and I can put my little Hibachi in the center and people can cook their own skewers. I can still extend the table outward, but the inside area between the rails doesn't offer much space. I even thought about using wooden poles to make the leg extensions and give it a steel and wood feel. I'm thinking maybe a stressed look on top with a nice varish finish. I could put 6 stools around it easy. Here is a pic so you can see the bottom rails.
gardn011.jpg

gardn016.jpg

People can sit around the table, grill different types of meats and veggies and just drink!

Update--Well I went and looked at wood for the table top. Dang, lumber is freaking expensive these days. The really nice cedar and redwood that I looked at was too much and I didn't like the lenghts and widths they had. I ended up getting some 2x4's that have a really nice grain and lots of neat looking knots in them. These were $1.88 each and I needed 8 of them. They are close to 8 ft I think. The excess that I trim off will be turned into something I'm sure. I'm only going to extend the sides all around the table by about an inch or two. These two bys have a really nice color to them, a dark yellow not the whitish color you normally see. I also bout some poly stain in a pecan shade. You guys see any problem using this stain on the pine?

I also notice that the legs at the bottom were cut down at one point to make the table shorter. I bought some black pipe that I thought would fit snuggly into each leg and thus I could just drill in some self tapping screws to hold the pipe extenders in place. Well it doesn't fit snuggly. I saw some wooden table/chair legs that were already turned at Lowe's. I'm thinking about getting four of those and trimming them down to fit into each leg and then using screws to hold each in place. It might look odd to see wooden leg extenders, then again it may look kinda cool and different too. I decided on the 2x4's so that I could have a strong and sturdy table that would last a long time as it's going to be sitting out back under the porch but still out in the elements.

You guys forsee and problems with my current direction?

3 thoughts Bob:

1 Poly stain should should be exterior rated or UV will destroy it within a year.

2. Consider "distressing" the wood with a torch and a grinder for "character."

3. See about adjustable feet for the existing legs using pipe fittings and/or casters to make it movable and adjustable for less than perfectly flat surfaces.

Mark,

I didn't check to see if it's UV rated or not. Good point. Another good idea about the distressing with fire. I love that look. I kept the receipt and need to exchange the black pipe anyway, so if the stain isn't UV rated, I'll swap it too.

The leg extentions are the biggest pain in the arse right now. I only need to raise it abou 10 - 12 inches to make it bar height. My dad has some old pipe laying around his house. I'm going to check it out this weekend and see if it will be a better fit. I even looked at things like shovel handles that are about the same diameter that I could cut into smaller lengths and use as extenders, but I think those will not fit snuggly either. If I can't find any suitable extenders, then it's going to be a standard height table. Thanks for the feedback!!

Hey now there's an idea. The light weight of the pvc will offset the heavy weight of the 2x4's and help keep the total weight down. The thing is, even though I only need to raise it about 12inches, I will need extensions that are at least 15 or more so that it goes far enough into the table legs to provide enough support so that the table won't wobble side to side. PVC would be perfect to cut into longer legs, and less expensive than steel pipe. THanks again.

Can't play Kinky's song right now, but I've heard it before. Gotta love it!!:-D

Back