THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dropped a package of Thighs from the freezer into the bullpen to thaw this week. My nearby BBQ Store usually has Oakridge. Need to stop by and see if they have SPOGOS.
Good looking birds

Hmm...never tried SPOGOS on chicken but after seeing yours, that will be next on my rotation. Thanks for sharing!!! And oh yes, Oakridge rubs are the real deal!!!
AND....hats off to you for your very good deed!!!! :thumb:

I agree Norm. It truly is a fantastic seasoning. I’m addicted to it. Chicken looks fantastic!

went to local BBQ pro shop. bought SPOGOS and Hardcore Carnivore Black.
thighs are still hard as bricks. be a while

Those are nice looking birds. I would love to be able to spin chicken. I used SPOGOS on baked potatoes the other night with just butter and chives. Awesome rub.

Absolutely beautiful looking birds. You certainly know how to treat your friends like royalty. The best to you and your neighbor fighting your own versions of the same DAMNED disease.

Norm - thanks for brining SPOGOS back on my radar! To be honest, my previous experiences with Oakridge spices were not that impressive. Both Dominator and Santa Maria did not fare well in taste test throw downs with ribs and tri-tip, respectively.

Then I tried SPOGOS on NY strip steaks. Wow! A huge hit. Fantastic savory flavor. It takes over as the family favorite. Can’t wait to try it on tri-tip and chicken per your suggestion.

I'm a big fan of Oakridge rubs and was looking forward to SPOGOS. When I tried it there was something in there that was more pronounced than the rest. I think it's cinnamon but I'm not exactly sure.

Does anyone know if there is cinnamon in there?

It's not cinnamon but I know what "note" you're talking about. SPOGOS has something in it that reminds me of Baharat.

Back