Splitin' wood

Ag, it works great, but it is heavy. I had to get a friend to help me get the box into the garage. Then for some reason, I didn't unbox it at that time. A couple days later, I had to get another friend to help me get it out of the box. I have had no probs with it splitting wood. I have had a couple splits pop and fly out of it. Make sure you have clearance around you and eye protection.

Oh, and remember to open the oil bleeder valve when you use it. She'll scream if you don't. I only did that once.

Ag, it works great, but it is heavy. I had to get a friend to help me get the box into the garage. Then for some reason, I didn't unbox it at that time. A couple days later, I had to get another friend to help me get it out of the box. I have had no probs with it splitting wood. I have had a couple splits pop and fly out of it. Make sure you have clearance around you and eye protection.

Oh, and remember to open the oil bleeder valve when you use it. She'll scream if you don't. I only did that once.

I looked back at the Specs after you pointed out that it is heavy. Shipping Weight of 120 lbs. Portability appears to be limited unless you can roll it to where you want to use it. There won't be a lot of carrying it around.

I have had a couple splits pop and fly out of it. Make sure you have clearance around you and eye protection.

very good advice. this has happened on my HF hydraulic manual splitter too and will probably happen on most of them. i have learned that after a few pulls that if it hasn't started to split or at least make a cracking sound to pull it out and reposition the log. i guess you can just keep going but when it finally splits it is going to do it with some violence.:thumb:

Back