THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
I was in the mood for some nice and spicy ribs, and wanted a rub that wasn't like I normally do, I was thinking more herbs less sweet. So this is what I came up with....
2-3tbs paprika
2tbs ground cayenne
1tbs ground ancho
1tbs ground chipotle
1tbs black pepper
1tbs crushed red pepper
1tbs granulated garlic
1tbs granulated onion
1tbs salt
1tbs cumin
1-2tbs dried italian seasoning

All rubbed and ready to go

I put them on the Yoder ys640 at 250* with a mix of apple and cherry

Perfect day for cooking

I glazed the ribs after about 3.5 hours with a mix of jalapeno pepper jelly and Montgomery Inn bbq sauce

I also threw on some skinless chicken legs seasoned with;
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp Chinese five spice
1 tbs chopped garlic
1 tbs minced ginger’
1 tsp crushed red pepper
small bunch chopped chive

Served

All in all everything turned out great the ribs had a nice balance of sweet and heat, I will definitely do this cook again.

Thanks for posting the receipt and the pics, looks great. Going to try that one myself.

No problem, give it a try both the chicken and ribs were great. I really, really liked the pepper jelly glaze, I want to try other types of jelly and see how they work. I didn't use any sugar in my rub and the ribs still had plenty of sweetness, so I would recomend watching your sugar.

Back