THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Thinking of smoking a bird in addition to my usual deep fried. Also think the best way would be to spatchcock the smoked one. Harvest Brine on order. Anyone have experience with this method? Would like input on cook temp., time and deg. of IT. Espect the bird to me around 12#.

George, I do one each year, 12-14 lbs. 325* 2.5-3 hrs pull it at IT of 155-160 let it rest a good 20 min. The HB goes on for about 72 hrs. wrap tight in plastic

Thinking of smoking a bird in addition to my usual deep fried. Also think the best way would be to spatchcock the smoked one. Harvest Brine on order. Anyone have experience with this method? Would like input on cook temp., time and deg. of IT. Espect the bird to me around 12#.

Here's a good video from Meat Church about smoking a spatchcocked turkey. Hope it help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunkTCJJb54

Don't do like the guy in the video using kitchen scissors. Get yourself a good pair of poultry shears so you don't have to work as hard as he did.

Don't do like the guy in the video using kitchen scissors. Get yourself a good pair of poultry shears so you don't have to work as hard as he did.
You mean like this one that I've been using for some 40 years? I agree.

Attachments

• Seers.jpg
    Seers.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 174
Back