Spare rib cookoff - Oakridge BBQ vs EAT Barbecue rub

Good lookin' ribs. Dominator is the only Oakridge rub I don't care for. I think it's the cinnamon... Try some Santa Maria & HDD on ribs... :thumb:

Where are you buying conecuh sausage from. I’m doing a cook on Friday and want to pick some up.

There are several Hen House stores in Johnson County that are on Conecuh's website that supposedly carry it, but i got these from a Hen House in NKC last summer which apparently has since closed. You might give em a ring before you make the drive, but i plan to stop at one this week and see what they have.

Good lookin' ribs. Dominator is the only Oakridge rub I don't care for. I think it's the cinnamon... Try some Santa Maria & HDD on ribs... :thumb:

Agree. Too much of a cinnamon hit for me.

No worries, guys. Luckily, I have three OTHER rubs that are also fantastic on ribs, and none of them contain any cinnamon. :thumb: :thumb:
  1. Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken
  2. Competition Beef & Pork
  3. Smokey Chile Lime AP Rub
:becky::becky::becky:

No worries, guys. Luckily, I have three OTHER rubs that are also fantastic on ribs, and none of them contain any cinnamon. :thumb: :thumb:
  1. Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken
  2. Competition Beef & Pork
  3. Smokey Chile Lime AP Rub
:becky::becky::becky:

Yep! Have used the top two, good stuff. :thumb: Still need to try out the new one.

There are several Hen House stores in Johnson County that are on Conecuh's website that supposedly carry it, but i got these from a Hen House in NKC last summer which apparently has since closed. You might give em a ring before you make the drive, but i plan to stop at one this week and see what they have.

Actually now that you say that I might have seen some there a few weeks ago but it didn’t process mentally for me

Back