Something new for me...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I splurged and got a Joe Tisserie for my BGE and some Octoforks. I expected the joetisserie to get here quickly since I ordered it from Amazon Prime. I didn't think the Octoforks would get here till next week since they were coming USPS. Got delivered today - Can't wait to give the whole setup a try. I have some Beef Ribs thawed out that I was going to cook today and life got in the way. As long as we aren't getting any storms tomorrow I think that will be the day!

Any tips for a rotisserie newbie?

Balance the meat as well as possible, and make sure it's secure. After a few trips around, it's not uncommon to have to re-secure the meat, or tightening up any clamps or thumbscrews. That and using a drip pan are the only things I do for every cook.

Beef ribs sound very good. There's so many cuts of them so cooking time will vary for sure. Here's a guy that cooked some on his kettle grill but there's someone that recently cooked short ribs on his KJ that took about 5 hours @ 550* I can't find the KJ cook but he said he's competed at the big comps and they were the best ribs he's done using his OF's.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str...jNjRlOWU2MDY4NjNjMjdiOWRkMWYxZTUzMTkyZmIifQ==

Back