THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robb, I can't begin to explain how touching this story is. Being a coach and in education I see many of these sad stories of kids who deserve so much better. You have made a huge impact in this beautiful girl's life. However, I know it is nowhere near the impact she has made on yours. There is so much joy and pleasure in the small simple pleasures of life, but we screw this up daily because of our lack on contentment. There is no doubt in my mind that God placed Teya in your family. You sir will have extra jewels on your crown in Heaven. I aspire to be as selfless as you and your family. I couldn't agree more with the Brethren and the family vibe. God bless!

This is such a great post Robb - thank you for sharing. My wife is an SLP that works with many special needs children, and having a strong home life is key for success. You've given her a strong foundation, and I can only imagine the joy she's given back to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob thanks for sharing, I’m sure that she will change your life for the better in many more ways than you could have ever hoped for.

Gosh, Robb, what an act of kindness and faith by you and your family! May many, many more years of blessings be bestowed on you and yours.

Really enjoyed your post. My wife has worked with special needs kids and adults since she went to college and we have almost always had one living with us since we were married. She is a saint like you. Your story reminded me of a scripture I enjoy very much.

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him."

The Lord has a special place set aside for all the Teya's out there and those that love them.

Back