THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great looking bones Sako, I'm a firm believer in starting out with a quality rib, haven't cooked anything other than Duroc ribs in over a year.

Good BBQ and Bourbon don't get too much better than that. :thumb:

Those look good. But considering you had to trim off the rib tips, it sounds like they don't know what St. Louis ribs are.
They are from Canada, and there is a Saint-Louis, Quebec. They don't say "St Louis CUT"
That's the color and appearance I look for when I buy ribs, where ever I get them. Red and well marbled. That's what unenhanced ribs look like, in my experience. I may keep my eye open to see if I can catch a sale to compare the flavor to what I can buy at my local food store.

Great cook Sako!

My favorite cooker for ribs is my kettle, I'm soooo tempted to get a red head... kettle that is!

Great looking bones, Sako. The plate looked good too. There's a new small Whole Paycheck in Upland or Claremont that I have to get over to and check out. Pasadena was the closest one, so I haven't been in one in a long while.

Got a couple Whole Paychecks near my office, may have to set foot in the store for my first time ever :thumb: to see if I can find similar here....those ribs are much more bendy than I am used to.

Good beverage choice as well :becky: great minds think alike?

:thumb: Def can't go wrong with Woodford.

FWIW the meat is quality but stupidly expensive. You'll chuckle at some of the prices on stuff that you can't get for half the price at the regular supermarkets. And the parking sucks bad! Some of the people are an experience as well. :laugh:

You had me at Woodford Reserve!

:thumb:

This is why I joined up with y'all. This is the first post I've checked out and I'm already learning and motivated. Love me some ribs.

Welcome!! This is one of if not the best place on the internet.

Those look so farking tender! The best i can get is HEB's "all natural" at an extra $1/LB.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They really were. I can't recall a slab of spares that floppy.

I’ve not been around in a while but it’s nice to see that some things never change. Things like Sako making food that makes me want to bite my computer screen. :icon_smile_tongue:

Good to see you back John!

Some fine bonz Sako.

Thanks Marty!

Great looking bones Sako, I'm a firm believer in starting out with a quality rib, haven't cooked anything other than Duroc ribs in over a year.

Good BBQ and Bourbon don't get too much better than that. :thumb:

Thanks Kevin! Absolutely. As soon as I open up some room in the freezers I'm going to order a box of the Durocs. Can't seem to find it here other than the farmers markets or maybe I haven't been looking hard enought.

Those ribs are insanely beautiful!

Thanks Lloyd!

Yum, I'm gonna start looking around for this "retardedly" delicious food myself.
Ed

Thanks Ed!

:becky: For a lack of a better word. :laugh:

We are doing wings for Daytona...…. Now I want ribs!

Awesome cook neighbor.

Not sure we have a WF in MT but I'll look.

Great cook Sako!

My favorite cooker for ribs is my kettle, I'm soooo tempted to get a red head... kettle that is!

Thanks Norm!

And I'm tempted to get a 26'er :laugh: :thumb:

They are from Canada, and there is a Saint-Louis, Quebec. They don't say "St Louis CUT"
That's the color and appearance I look for when I buy ribs, where ever I get them. Red and well marbled. That's what unenhanced ribs look like, in my experience. I may keep my eye open to see if I can catch a sale to compare the flavor to what I can buy at my local food store.

I suppose so. Didn't even pay attention to that. Pretty much what I shoot for too but they're hard to find. The best pork products I've had are Prairie Fresh brand but they are not readily available. These were def a notch or two better.

That looks amazing Love the way you improved the beans

Thanks George!

Best looking plated meal that I've seen in a while.
Nice call on the Woodford.

Thank you! :thumb:

Great looking bones, Sako. The plate looked good too. There's a new small Whole Paycheck in Upland or Claremont that I have to get over to and check out. Pasadena was the closest one, so I haven't been in one in a long while.

Thanks Marty!

They have those 365 markets owned by Whole Foods which sell strictly their store brand products but they're few and far in between. I think they're on sale until Tuesday. I just coincidently happened to catch the sale since I wanted ribs and swung by to get them.

Great cook Sako!

I've seen them available to order through hardware stores for less than the Premiums, and they are really Mastertouch's.

Those look mighty tasty, Sako. There's a WF just a few miles up the road in Porter Ranch, so I just may have to check them out. Did they also have back ribs, too?

Back