THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
I wanted to see if these Whole Foods ribs were any better. They were on sale at $4.99/lb compared to usual $7.99/lb :confused:I had them once before and they truly were good but it was at a lawyer buddy's Super Bowl party two years ago.

Made the trek

o3jtHSHh.jpg

Excellent marbling

ZNSrzF6h.jpg

Separated the rib tips and the loin end piece

wXYbyXGh.jpg

Gotta say they were as tender as all get out in their raw form already. Nothing like I've had before

Lc6ey46h.jpg

On the redhead with the SnS. Seasoned with Oakridge Dominator and BPS Jalapeno Rub. Oakridge Dominator by far is the best rib rub EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w11ehySh.jpg

Chopped the loin end piece of the rack

HtqpMpsh.jpg

Into the baked beans

X0fCr5Ih.jpg

Ribs were about ready for the sauce. 50/50 BH OG and Tennessee Red

7apMIW7h.jpg

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e6dYs78h.jpg

Gotta have something green with all this protein, fiber and grains :laugh:

srQmNxfh.jpg

:nod:

CCns7Cvh.jpg

Tad bit over but insanely good

q0tWKmdh.jpg

Ribs tips were retardedly good

k4VNOOfh.jpg

Definitely way better than anything I've had in a long time as far as pork spares go. I say these ribs are well worth the $$$$$.

fr0km17h.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I’ve wondered for a long time if they were worth it. Thanks for taking the financial risk... lol. They look fantastic! Were they $7.99/lb good?

Those look good. But considering you had to trim off the rib tips, it sounds like they don't know what St. Louis ribs are.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :clap2: :clap2:

Funny you said that Andy. I had almost an argument with the "butcher" about what a STL cut spare is. He insisted it was "untrimmed STL" :loco::loco: whatever the F that is. I said in order for it to be STL the ribs tips and the brisket bone had to be trimmed off already. He said "Well, I can remove it for you." WTF I said "You're missing the point" but it has to be a Whole Paycheck policy to push the whole slab through but he didn't want to admit. At the end I just told him to just give my my dang ribs and shut up. :laugh::laugh:

I’ve wondered for a long time if they were worth it. Thanks for taking the financial risk... lol. They look fantastic! Were they $7.99/lb good?

Thanks Robb! I'm going to be really honest with you and say absolutely. They are excellent ribs especially considering the Organic spares going for...... hold on to your seat.......... $9.99/lb :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Here's the pic first time I've had them at my buddy's house for Super Bowl. Didn't get to try to do them myself until today.

They were off the charts good like today

evFWtWah.jpg

HrTuC3hh.jpg

Jr2v76ch.jpg

ti0glYRh.jpg

I saw those the other day - ran into there for the first time in years to check out the new one in Burbank. I usually hold out for the ribs on special for $1.99 at Ralph's, but it would be nice to get some quality ribs for a change. :oops:

Excellent job all around and I'm glad to see you're getting a balanced diet!

And that 50/50 BH and TN Red - that's the way to go right there! :clap2:

I saw those the other day - ran into there for the first time in years to check out the new one in Burbank. I usually hold out for the ribs on special for $1.99 at Ralph's, but it would be nice to get some quality ribs for a change. :oops:

Excellent job all around and I'm glad to see you're getting a balanced diet!

And that 50/50 BH and TN Red - that's the way to go right there! :clap2:

Balance is key Greg. :becky: Didn't even know Burbank has a new one. Explains that I haven't been into one in years either.:laugh::laugh: You should've seen the vegans in the Prius' and Teslas looking at me funny when I took three spots in a yuge lifted diesel Ram. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Like WTF is he doing here???

Buying ribs.. Duh!!! :becky:

And the hits keep coming.:thumb: The tips are my favorite part, so I wouldn't have complained. Not sure what breed those are, but If they taste as good as they look, the price isn't too bad either. I think Duroc ribs around here, are around $6.99 lb regular price, and you can taste the difference compared to store brand ribs.

That sounds like one of our local grocery store chains, Jewel. Usually have ribs for around $2.99/lb. Every now and then, they save a HUGE sale. Buy one, get TWO free! Sounds like a great deal until you realize they jack up the price for the sale to $8.99/lb.

And the hits keep coming.:thumb: The tips are my favorite part, so I wouldn't have complained. Not sure what breed those are, but If they taste as good as they look, the price isn't too bad either. I think Duroc ribs around here, are around $6.99 lb regular price, and you can taste the difference compared to store brand ribs.

Thanks Josh!

At $4.99 absolutely no complaints. The rib tips were melt in your mouth good. Better than any I've not in a long time. The brand is DuBreton from Canada. I picked up same brand organic ground pork also. Definitely a huge difference compared to the regular stuff.

That sounds like one of our local grocery store chains, Jewel. Usually have ribs for around $2.99/lb. Every now and then, they save a HUGE sale. Buy one, get TWO free! Sounds like a great deal until you realize they jack up the price for the sale to $8.99/lb.

Pretty much standard around these parts. Good thing is that the whole slab was used.

Got a couple Whole Paychecks near my office, may have to set foot in the store for my first time ever :thumb: to see if I can find similar here....those ribs are much more bendy than I am used to.

Good beverage choice as well :becky: great minds think alike?

Attachments

• 20190216_233542.jpg
    20190216_233542.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 102
Those look so farking tender! The best i can get is HEB's "all natural" at an extra $1/LB.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back