THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounds like this dude is the type that deflects his failure upon his Jambo pit. His pride destroyed, he lashes out and calls it a POS. If Jamie Geer were to walk in that store this a..hole would be the first one there to start the ass kissing!

I got the sense this guy was angry at the world and thought he was just superior to everyone. You may be right on how he would act. I would venture to guess he would actually be kinda a jerk to Jamie to show "he's his own man" <I say that in a mocking tone> and is smarter than the rest of us being duped and are merely followers about Jambo.

I didn't want to get too deep into a conversation with him as he clearly was put mentally by me into the "this guy is a tool" category. However I did ask him which was his favorite. He said the El Rey. Part of me wanted to know why but most of me just didn't care enough to ask. I don't think I've ever heard of El Rey, and when I came home I looked them up. No web site and the last post on their FB page was from 2017.

He recently he had a smoker in front of the store he was cooking on, and in hind sight I think that was the El Rey. My wife commented at the time when we walked by it that it was a rough looking smoker. It just looked like a back-room first time project. But, I may be mistaken.

I did say I own a LSG and really liked it just to see what his reaction was. He just kinda grunted but didn't say anything positive or negative.

I've never seen an El Rey in person, but from what I've seen online they are exceptional smokers and very much another "Jambo Clone." That's in quotations because everybody copies everybody. Kosmos Q has an El Rey and it looks every bit as amazing as a top of the line Jambo. Just getting at that if you saw a rugged pit outside this BBQ place I doubt it was an El Rey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuE_nXamUo

I've never seen an El Rey in person, but from what I've seen online they are exceptional smokers and very much another "Jambo Clone." That's in quotations because everybody copies everybody. Kosmos Q has an El Rey and it looks every bit as amazing as a top of the line Jambo. Just getting at that if you saw a rugged pit outside this BBQ place I doubt it was an El Rey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuE_nXamUo

I'm thinking maybe it was the El Rey I saw but it may have just not been cared for and beat up. My first thought when seeing it was that it was a Jambo, but on closer inspection it was not. Maybe the one he had was a multiple previous owner unit that had been used and beat to death.

I'm thinking maybe it was the El Rey I saw but it may have just not been cared for and beat up. My first thought when seeing it was that it was a Jambo, but on closer inspection it was not. Maybe the one he had was a multiple previous owner unit that had been used and beat to death.

You described it as a "back room, first time project." If indeed it was an El Rey then it must have been severely mistreated and possibly some post-manufacturer "modifications."

Back