THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look Great. The charcoal not playing well. Looks like someone might need a santa maria grill. Just saying

Looks great sako! About how long did it take you to cook that chicken street style?

I just finished building my Santa Maria and have a couple cooks in. Still learning. Trying to find the sweet spot between grilling and smoking.

I can raise and lower my grate but haven’t decided the best open for way to cook.

Look Great. The charcoal not playing well. Looks like someone might need a santa maria grill. Just saying

Thanks! Lol, had one and got rid of since I wasn't really using it much and it required a lot of fuel to run. The sugars from the orange juice didn't help either but came out real good.

Looks great sako! About how long did it take you to cook that chicken street style?

I just finished building my Santa Maria and have a couple cooks in. Still learning. Trying to find the sweet spot between grilling and smoking.

I can raise and lower my grate but haven’t decided the best open for way to cook.

Thanks Ry!

Just about an hour of total cooking time.

Just like any other cooker it's a learning curve but you will eventually figure it out with enough cooks. I used to have SM and I'd highly suggest fire bricks for heat retention plus they are fuel hogs. I also made a cover to control the fire since I'm in the foothills and it gets crazy windy.

upload_-1

upload_-1

I kinda miss it though but had to thin the herd

upload_-1

Great eats, Sako! :clap2: I have yet to coook cornish game hens, not for any particular reason other than I just haven't. Those look mighty tempting!

Great eats, Sako! :clap2: I have yet to coook cornish game hens, not for any particular reason other than I just haven't. Those look mighty tempting!

Thanks Greg!

I think you'll like em better than regular chix. I got these from wally world and they're the rock cornish hens from Prospect Farm. They're uniform and are 1lb each. I hate anything bigger than that in cornish hens.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Thanks for the info! Nice pics

I have some chicken on the Santa Maria now. We’ll see how it goes

Looks great. I’m going to try some game hens as I haven’t done them yet and yours look fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info! Nice pics

I have some chicken on the Santa Maria now. We’ll see how it goes

You bet!

Let us know how it goes. Chicken will probably take a little longer. For faster results I'd go halved instead of spatchcocked if you haven't already. Also, don't know what fuel your using but it eats through charcoal so your best bet is to use wood splits.

Back