THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doc6633

Knows what a fatty is.
I am getting ready to smoke a 14 pound American Wagu brisket from Snake River. In the past I have only done choice cut flats and am pretty good with those. My questions are will it cook quicker because of the grade of beef? I cook at 250 degrees and usually wrap at 165 or 170. Any thoughts on how long this bad boy will take to cook wrapped or unwrapped? Just looking for ball park cook time as I will obviously probe it for doneness. Also how long can I keep it in a cooler when done in case it gets done early?

Treat it just like any other brisket. The extra streaks of fat in the meat will help keep it moist. Just remember to pull it as soon as it's tender. Let it cool to about 175-180 then wrap it and put in a cooler to rest for a couple of hours.

Thanks guys. I read in a few places that primes were cooking faster so I was worried that this would cook faster as well.

I just checked my notes on my phone....We all do that, right? :heh:
It was a Gold grade SRF, weighed in at 12.01# and went on at 11:30 am and off to rest at 7:30 pm. It had a stall at 196*IT. Was probe tender at 205*.
Hope this helps and good luck with yours!!:thumb:

Wagyu seems to cook a little faster for me, but not enough that I would change my timeline for it. It's just a little extra rest after the cook. Otherwise I don't do anything different for select (Yeah, I've cooked a couple), choice, CAB, Prime or Wagyu. I just cook them until they are probe tender.

Back