THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nola_nick

I plan on smoking a fatty:-D for the big LSU - Alabama game Saturday (geaux tigers) and was wondering cooking time and the best way to transport the fatty.

I plan on seasoned ground meat with just cheese, green onion and sauteed onion wrapped in a bacon. I am going to cook it at 250* until a IT of 165* and then wrap.

I am thinking it will take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook. How long would it stay warm and the cheese still be nice and gooey. After wrapping it I plan on putting in a small igloo ice chest and wrap with towels. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you already have it figured out. The only variable I can think of would be your cook time. 2-2-1/2 hours would be about right for a one pound fattie. It will take longer if it is bigger than that.

I usually fill gallon jugs of HOT tap water to pre heat my coolers for FTC or keeping needs. Has a lot of radiant surface area.

I plan on seasoned ground meat with just cheese, green onion and sauteed onion wrapped in a bacon. I am going to cook it at 250* until a IT of 165* and then wrap.

I am really surprised that no one noticed the above. Not trying to be a d*ck, but that wouldn't be a Fatty. Fatty's, even stuffed, are sausage.

Still sounds like it would taste good. And your plans to keep it warm should work.

I am really surprised that no one noticed the above. Not trying to be a d*ck, but that wouldn't be a Fatty. Fatty's, even stuffed, are sausage.

Still sounds like it would taste good. And your plans to keep it warm should work.

i noticed it too but bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds darn good to me.:laugh:

Fatties are chubs of Pork breakfast sausage. Stuffed fatties are a Hipster invention:crazy:, if it's beef it's meat loaf. Mine never last long enough to leave the house.

Back