Smoking a fatty and transporting need help.

nola_nick

I plan on smoking a fatty:-D for the big LSU - Alabama game Saturday (geaux tigers) and was wondering cooking time and the best way to transport the fatty.

I plan on seasoned ground meat with just cheese, green onion and sauteed onion wrapped in a bacon. I am going to cook it at 250* until a IT of 165* and then wrap.

I am thinking it will take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook. How long would it stay warm and the cheese still be nice and gooey. After wrapping it I plan on putting in a small igloo ice chest and wrap with towels. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you already have it figured out. The only variable I can think of would be your cook time. 2-2-1/2 hours would be about right for a one pound fattie. It will take longer if it is bigger than that.

I usually fill gallon jugs of HOT tap water to pre heat my coolers for FTC or keeping needs. Has a lot of radiant surface area.

I plan on seasoned ground meat with just cheese, green onion and sauteed onion wrapped in a bacon. I am going to cook it at 250* until a IT of 165* and then wrap.

I am really surprised that no one noticed the above. Not trying to be a d*ck, but that wouldn't be a Fatty. Fatty's, even stuffed, are sausage.

Still sounds like it would taste good. And your plans to keep it warm should work.

I am really surprised that no one noticed the above. Not trying to be a d*ck, but that wouldn't be a Fatty. Fatty's, even stuffed, are sausage.

Still sounds like it would taste good. And your plans to keep it warm should work.

i noticed it too but bacon wrapped meatloaf sounds darn good to me.:laugh:

Fatties are chubs of Pork breakfast sausage. Stuffed fatties are a Hipster invention:crazy:, if it's beef it's meat loaf. Mine never last long enough to leave the house.

Back