THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope to be there. The drive is a bit too long, so I can only come if I'm able to get out after turn-ins. I'm really looking forward to picking myself up and trying again. Can't wait! BTW, to whatever team is going to be parked next to me - PLEASE buy a quiet generator. I don't think I can take another comp without sleep. :laugh:

Monty - Jeff told me someone had to leave after the last turn in. I am think I know where I am going to put you. This must be your first time to our little contest. Not much need for generators as we have electricity for most people. What kind of rig you got?

I hope to be there. The drive is a bit too long, so I can only come if I'm able to get out after turn-ins. I'm really looking forward to picking myself up and trying again. Can't wait! BTW, to whatever team is going to be parked next to me - PLEASE buy a quiet generator. I don't think I can take another comp without sleep. :laugh:

Don't worry. Jeff has electricity. We'll see you out there, Funny Farm!

Rich and Bunny/KCass BBQ

Oh we can put you down there in that if you want! :laugh: We'll save the non-swamp sites for others! :thumb: hehehe!

We'd prefer to stay UP the hill, thanks! That's about where we were last year (I think!), nice corner lot, close to electricity, trees for a windbreak - I remember a little water, but after the rain we had, wasn't really all that bad. I shall leave it in your capable hands and trust you to keep us swamp free - thanks!!

I'm in the process of considering a small business sharpening knives. Nothing too elaborate - mostly mail in stuff. I wonder if maybe 10 folks coming to the comp would be willing to have me sharpen your knives (free) and give me some feedback privately about the service and what you think the service would be worth to you and others? I'll limit myself to 10 knives (one knife per team) total so that I don't get in over my head. I'll be there around 1 pm and will probably sharpen after I get set up. Say between 3 and 4?

A note on how I sharpen. I do everything freehand with Japanese waterstones and a leather strop. It takes a bit longer but allows me to put a precise edge on the knife.

I would ask that you not bring me any repair jobs, or serrated knives for the free sharpening. I'd be glad to look at your knives and repair them, or sharpen serrated knives, but it could take longer than the time I have allowed and I don't want anyone walking away disappointed. So I can deal with chips, etc, but we can negotiate that after I get done with the free knives.

PM me if you are interested. I can sharpen both western and Japanese knives.

I'm in the process of considering a small business sharpening knives. Nothing too elaborate - mostly mail in stuff. I wonder if maybe 10 folks coming to the comp would be willing to have me sharpen your knives (free) and give me some feedback privately about the service and what you think the service would be worth to you and others? I'll limit myself to 10 knives (one knife per team) total so that I don't get in over my head. I'll be there around 1 pm and will probably sharpen after I get set up. Say between 3 and 4?

A note on how I sharpen. I do everything freehand with Japanese waterstones and a leather strop. It takes a bit longer but allows me to put a precise edge on the knife.

I would ask that you not bring me any repair jobs, or serrated knives for the free sharpening. I'd be glad to look at your knives and repair them, or sharpen serrated knives, but it could take longer than the time I have allowed and I don't want anyone walking away disappointed. So I can deal with chips, etc, but we can negotiate that after I get done with the free knives.

We'll bring our knives

I'll bring my knives!!

Back