THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate to be redundant but, Jeanie you are amazing and I am extremely envious of your skills. Moreso, I'm grateful that you share them and your knowledge with us. That is the true spirit of the BBQ-BRETHREN as it was founded back in 2003.

Thank you Aquablue, I really like the jalapeno bacon. It goes well fried and into a pot of pintos...seasons the pot really nice.

Countyliner...Thank you!!

Nice job cowgirl! When you tie the loins, does that just help keep them round and uniform in size and shape or is there another reason for doing that?

ov1... The string does help the loins to hold their shape while hanging but it also makes them easier for me to hang in the smokehouse. Thank you!

Al... come on over! :biggrin:

I hate to be redundant but, Jeanie you are amazing and I am extremely envious of your skills. Moreso, I'm grateful that you share them and your knowledge with us. That is the true spirit of the BBQ-BRETHREN as it was founded back in 2003.

Neil, that's one of the kindest things I've heard since joining the Brethren. Thank you!!!.... and Thank you for letting me hang out here. :cool::wink:

Ross....You're too kind. Thank you friend. :wink:

Big Brother, If I remember right, you had a pretty nice set of loins pictured recently. lol Thank you!

Thanks Guerry! If you get the cure amounts right, it's fun to experiment with the flavors. Hope it works out well for you.

New Best Friend

Hello Cowgirl,
I have just put you on my "Top 10 Most Respected Friends That Smoke And BBQ Foods" list, plus you have become my New Best Friend. You are very, very special in this high tech, new wave world with your Old World way of doing things. I love you.

Danny

Hello Cowgirl,
I have just put you on my "Top 10 Most Respected Friends That Smoke And BBQ Foods" list, plus you have become my New Best Friend. You are very, very special in this high tech, new wave world with your Old World way of doing things. I love you.

Danny

Danny....you made my day! lol Thanks!

I just knew the two words were going to be Manah Manah.... lol Now I have that song in my head again!
Seriously...Thank you!!!

Thank you Paul, Lazybones and Frits!
Frits, it is good to see you over here on the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

i could use some cold smoked honey right about now. i bet that would be great in my homemade granola. :biggrin:

Hmmmm. Smoked granola and smoked honey. Might be tasty! :-D

to tell you the truth, the smoked granola wasn't very good. it was a combination of too much smoke and the buckwheat honey. i've made the same recipe in the oven with local clover honey and i've been eating that in the morning ever since. maybe adding smoked honey would add just the right amount of flavor

How much do you charge per pound of bacon?

That was a subtle hint, that you could probably make several dollars in profit, if you
sold some of your smoked meats and cheese to members of the forum here.

I think it's a safe bet that the stuff you make is far superior to anything we buy
in the grocery stores.

Yeah, I know; that's a lot of work for little to no profit....oh well, it was fun to dream.

How much do you charge per pound of bacon?

That was a subtle hint, that you could probably make several dollars in profit, if you
sold some of your smoked meats and cheese to members of the forum here.

I think it's a safe bet that the stuff you make is far superior to anything we buy
in the grocery stores.

Yeah, I know; that's a lot of work for little to no profit....oh well, it was fun to dream.

Thanks Grillman.... :-D

I have the pigs, the equipment and the smokehouse... just not the time.
If I do get ahead.. you will be the first one on my list to receive a sample. :thumb:

Back