THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$75 ??? Other than some hipster vegan, no doubt gluten intolerant, who would pay that.

And, why would you do that to a perfectly good watermelon?

Aside: Vegans would be a lot less annoying if they would just embrace the vegetable and abandon the poser meat substitutes. If you want bacon, have some bacon, just put away the damn soy crap.

i don't look at this as something that should draw the "dumb" and "hipster, vegan" comments. to me it looks like something interesting that can be done with a smoker and used like a side dish kind of like smoked cabbage or grilled pineapples or peaches. it is savory and sweet, how bad could it be? you have a watermelon! you have a smoker... it might be good!

Just a couple of weeks ago i was served watermelon slices that were placed on a grill just long enough to warm it. Interesting taste. Not bad but i want mine cold.

Wow!

Wow, wow, wow. That is a fabulous creation! I really want to try that! Even for $75. It would be worth it. The ash is a little weird though?

Back