Cold Weather Coming!

Biloxidman

is One Chatty Farker
I know other Brethren have it worse, but Daumm we don’t have this cold weather! 28 tonight with a wind chill of 17 then tomorrow lows of 20 with a wind chill of 13! Not normal. No outside cooking but fortunately I have a hambone and ham from New Year’s Day for some white Ben soup, a favorite recipe of my Mama. A can of Rotel, celery, green onions, ham, salt, pepper and simmer for 4 hours. Good grub!

And plenty left over for the cold night tomorrow! Finished off the shrimp spaghetti this evening and enjoyed an adult beverage. Logs for the fireplace are inside tonight for tomorrow morning.

They are talking 20 here tomorrow, not as bad as a lot of are dealing with but damn cold for the south!

I'm going to Niceville, lol. We had 0, no degrees, here yesterday morning and I'm sure others have it much worse. We are thinking of a trip down there. My wife grew up in Mossyhead and Ft Walton. Small world! 20 is cold as heck for you guys. It is too darn cold for us up here too. I always say, there are two things that rhyme that should never go together and that is Old and Cold, and here we sit! Stay warm everyone.

I have never had that before, but it sounds and looks delicious. If it has ham and the hambone in there it's gotta be good.

Yup. It's cold and snowing. This is why my crockpot has a permanent spot on the counter this time of year. That soup looks good.

Looking good! Of course nowhere near like the rest of the country but we've been having pretty chilly and freezing weather here too.

Yep, perfect for cold weather. Of course it doesn’t need to be cold to enjoy it, just like gumbo is good year round. It’s just always been a post-New Year tradition.

Back