THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrtodd777

Full Fledged Farker
I have been focusing on trying to run through some this years venison harvest and decided to try something different with one of my roasts. I will usually crock pot them, or cut them up and chicken fry.. This roast was injected with a beef broth, sprinkled with my very own wild game rub, then wrapped in bacon.

I posted a separate thread yesterday asking for suggestions for some type of potato recipe I could make on the smoker. This is what I came up with..

Thinly sliced potato
green and white onion
salt, pepper, cayenne
gruyere, and cheddar
a little cream to bind it
butter, of course

My cabinet smoker settled at about 270 and everything went in..

I pulled the roast when it hit an internal of 140 and let it rest for just a bit while I made my sauce. I think horseradish goes great with venison (just like prime rib or roast beef)

Sliced it thin.

Time to dig in.

The venison came out incredibly moist and tender. Perfect color too. My wife and I destroyed it. Roast venison sammies on rye for lunch today!

Back