THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrtodd777

Full Fledged Farker
Deer season is quickly approaching and I am trying to clear out the venison from last season to make room for this years harvest. I thawed out a roast and sliced off a few thin strips to marinate for satay. The local grocery store had some nice wild gulf shrimp so I picked up a 1/2 lb of those bad boys as well for skewers.

I threw these on the Weber and let them go for 2 minutes a side. My wonderful wife had plates ready to go, so it was immediately plated.

As soon as we finished up, I started on what was now todays meal. Here were the players. The only ingredients not pictured were the fish sauce and the lemon grass.

I trimmed the rest of the roast I had sliced off of for the satay and cubed it up. Browned it in a TBS of sesame oil.

After that I added the shallots, jalapeno, and ginger until the shallots were sweating nicely. After that, the ****akes, the broth, and the red curry. 10 more minutes.... Coconut milk and lime juice. 1 TBS brown sugar and a dash of red pepper flakes..The rest was easy. Just let it go low and slow all night..

this was all served with jasmine rice and plenty of fresh lime wedges, and chopped cilantro. Thanks for looking!

Those look fantastic! Great to see someone doing interesting curries and satay... Inspiration from you guys never stops...

Back