THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burn

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jimmy
Hickory pellets mixed with post oak pieces might be the greatest cheap investment I’ve made in some time. Food taste great and it’s so easy with a cheap stainless tube off Amazon.

Last edited:
smoke tube

I'm glad your smoke tube is working for you. I've tried mine a few times, get plenty of smoke but can't taste it?
DanB

Haven't tried them yet.Where did u put them? Was going to try chips in the tube. The tube smokes good, but can't taste it on the food.
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_073039053.jpg
    IMG_20200729_073039053.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 83
I put it off to the opposite side of the hoper. I’m breaking chunks down so they fit. I place the chunk in and surround it with pellets and then add more.

I’m using the tube with a reqtec. It adds a more natural flavor to the smoke.

My tube on the Recteq always puts out pretty white smoke... never the nice thin "blue" smoke.

I've had my tube for 2 years and haven't ever used it. I just doesn't fit in with my idea of cooking.

This may sound a little weird, I fill and lite one while I'm outside goofing around just to smell it, like an incense.

I only ever use it for cold smoking bacon. I do that in the 590. I cover one of the vents with foil to keep a little more smoke in there with the bacon. I have yet to do this with the actual grill working though. Sometimes I think too much airflow is why some of these pellet grills don't have alot of smoke flavor. They burn too clean.

Back