THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks everybody!
Nice... Let us know how it turned out...
Thank you! It came out pretty tasty. The lasagna takes on smoke pretty well. :)

That looks delicious. No ricotta? If not, even better. that is the one thing about lasagna that I am not a fan of. I prefer mozzarella lasagna.
Thank you Sliding Billy, I had both ricotta and mozz in there.. more mozz than ricotta though. Not sure why it didn't show up when I cut it.

My wife said she wanted lasagna this weekend, can you send some over since it looks fantastic.
Be happy to send some over for her! Think I have about 10lbs of it left. Thanks! :-D

Do I see Beans in there?
That looks very tasty, even at 5:47AM. :becky:
Thanks Sam, those are slices of little smokies. I cook them with the meat and onions when I make the sauce. Adds another level of smoky flavor. :becky:

Love the meat to pasta ratio, looks wonderful!
Thanks so much Dave! I like a meatier sauce. :-D

Blue, KP and Gary, thanks!

Looks great, Jeanie! I was thinking of doing this this weekend!
Chris Thanks! Hope you take pics if you do.

That looks so tasty... I definitely need to try this.

I did marry into a Sicilian family, though...not sure if they'd disown me over this... :nono:
I bet your Mrs' lasagna is amazing!! :-D Thanks Illini!

Looks great! Haven't done smoked lasagna in a while; have to put it on the menu. Hope mine turns out as good as yours.
Thank you qnbiker.. :-D

Looks great Jeanie, I don't think I have ever smoked a lasagna whole.
Bob, do you smoke slices individually or smoke the ingredients before making the lasagna? This is the only way I've tried it. Thank you Bob!

Thank you Peeps and MisterChrister!

That looks fantastic! I've wanted to smoke lasagna using my recipe for a while. Mine is VERY cheesy so it should take some good smoke flavor into that cheese.

That looks fantastic! I've wanted to smoke lasagna using my recipe for a while. Mine is VERY cheesy so it should take some good smoke flavor into that cheese.

Husker I bet yours would be wonderful! Is your recipe a family secret or may I ask if you would share it with me? I understand if you don't want to..

Thanks!!

Husker I bet yours would be wonderful! Is your recipe a family secret or may I ask if you would share it with me? I understand if you don't want to..

Thanks!!

No secret at all. I know it, but I'd probably leave something out if I went off of memory. I will get it to you later. :thumb: It always goes over very well with everyone and they usually want the recipe too. It's not traditional at all, very Americanized, but still very good. It's a recipe my Mom got from a friend and has been the Lasagna I've been eating since I was a kid, so it's my personal gold standard.

No secret at all. I know it, but I'd probably leave something out if I went off of memory. I will get it to you later. :thumb: It always goes over very well with everyone and they usually want the recipe too. It's not traditional at all, very Americanized, but still very good. It's a recipe my Mom got from a friend and has been the Lasagna I've been eating since I was a kid, so it's my personal gold standard.

Thank you! It sounds great and I'm sure I will love it! I appreciate you doing this Husker... no need to hurry, just when you have the time. :)

Please don't forget me, Shucker!!:icon_blush::drama:

That's a great idea. Thank you for sharing. We have food days at work every month and I think that would be a great dish to share.

I have pretty much cut out pasta, but I'm come out of pasta retirement for some of that! :hungry:

And a cold lasagna sammich? Yes! :whoo:

Awesome as always Jeanie! :clap2:

Thank you George, Jason and Jason! :-D

Smoked lasagna and fresh bread! Just looking at it is causing a foodgasm :dancer:
Thanks Mrfish! :becky:

That's pretty sexy! Seems everything is better smoked:cool:
IslandBoy thank you! I think you're right about everything being better smoked. I did try smoking a twinkie once and it was pretty bad. :tsk: :-D

That's a great idea. Thank you for sharing. We have food days at work every month and I think that would be a great dish to share.
Thank you! Hope it works out well for you. :)

I have pretty much cut out pasta, but I'm come out of pasta retirement for some of that! :hungry:

And a cold lasagna sammich? Yes! :whoo:

Awesome as always Jeanie! :clap2:

Greg is there such a thing as a lasagna sammich? I've not tried one but if you say so... I will give it a go. I trust ya. Thanks Greg... :thumb:

SSV, thanks so much!

Back