Smoked Italian Meatballs

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there are a couple throwdowns going on? Meatballs & Italian, you should enter!

Beef, pork, bread crumbs, milk, egg, shallot, garlic, seasonings.... Mixed up and got eight, six oz. meatballs.

Sq4jKKRh.jpg

2ax4BMnh.jpg

In the mid 20's today, yep, the Big Joe is frozen shut again. Need to make sure I change the gasket this spring. Couple minutes with the knock-off Cajun Dragon and we're in business.

3lALs4Oh.jpg

gJEeErEh.jpg

kLH8avqh.jpg

In the meantime, got Phil's sauce going. It's REALLY good, just remember, DO NOT BOIL.

aHy2WwCh.jpg

DOgVEBRh.jpg

Big Joe up to temp, smoke rolling...

BPOTRuYh.jpg

Done. Toss a couple into the tomato sauna for a while, did I mention DO NOT BOIL.

OQldWEuh.jpg

4sKadWxh.jpg

7Bd9ApQh.jpg

Cook up some bucatini, and it's time for eats!

TIXJFUlh.jpg

Stuffed! Thanks for looking.

Now THAT'S What I call Italian! Good eats, there Andy, also a reminder to try Phil's sauce.
Phil's sauce is really good, have made it numerous times before. And it's quick to make.

My family is Italian so it's a tradition that for Christmas Eve dinner I always make pasta with a huge pot of my meat sauce, and I make meatballs to go with it which get smoked before they go in the sauce pot. They are SO freakin good! Yours look great as well!

Heck yeah, Andy! A plate of those, topped with cheese, some bread on the side and I'd be all set. Nicely done.

Amazing as usual Andy! :clap2:

The color on those meatballs is off the hook. :hungry: Could've swore last time I checked you were Polish. :-D :thumb:

Amazing as usual Andy! :clap2:

The color on those meatballs is off the hook. :hungry: Could've swore last time I checked you were Polish. :-D :thumb:

I am! That's why there was extra, extra garlic in there. Don't think those Eye-talians like garlic as much as us Polaks. :p

Back