THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can use a mix of orange juice and lime juice usually a 2 part orange juice to 1 part lime juice in place of the sour orange juice.

I had a Cuban Abuela (Grandmother) show me how to make Cuban roast pork and she used orange, lime, and grapefruit juice in her Mojo marinade along with a lot of garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers.

The roast pork was delicious and that is the only way I make it to this day.

Great tip Blue,

I knew I was missing something...crushed red pepper should have been in this recipe. I'll have to try it next time.

Brother, that was awesome. I wish I'd eaten breakfast before seeing that, but...I will now!!

Thanks for sharing that.

Arlin

Thanks for posting this, I was inspired and have a butt in the smoker for pre-hurricane cuban sanwiches later this afternoon.

I was in the market, not really expecting to find sour organge, so I went to the Goya ailse, and viola, there were bottles of mojo.

I love me the mojo criollo something fierce. I highly, HIGHLY suggest trying it with chicken. So amazingly good that way.

As for making the mojo, I found that the blood oranges from one tree in my yard are incredibly sour, so i usually go with that. The other thing i'll do is blitz the whole thing up in a blender to make a nice smooth and consistent product. That's just me.

Back