Smoked Cuban Pulled Pork

You can use a mix of orange juice and lime juice usually a 2 part orange juice to 1 part lime juice in place of the sour orange juice.

I had a Cuban Abuela (Grandmother) show me how to make Cuban roast pork and she used orange, lime, and grapefruit juice in her Mojo marinade along with a lot of garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers.

The roast pork was delicious and that is the only way I make it to this day.

Great tip Blue,

I knew I was missing something...crushed red pepper should have been in this recipe. I'll have to try it next time.

Brother, that was awesome. I wish I'd eaten breakfast before seeing that, but...I will now!!

Thanks for sharing that.

Arlin

Thanks for posting this, I was inspired and have a butt in the smoker for pre-hurricane cuban sanwiches later this afternoon.

I was in the market, not really expecting to find sour organge, so I went to the Goya ailse, and viola, there were bottles of mojo.

I love me the mojo criollo something fierce. I highly, HIGHLY suggest trying it with chicken. So amazingly good that way.

As for making the mojo, I found that the blood oranges from one tree in my yard are incredibly sour, so i usually go with that. The other thing i'll do is blitz the whole thing up in a blender to make a nice smooth and consistent product. That's just me.

Back