THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, Jeanie... Outstanding! :clap:

4e0rb5q.jpg

Just a few quick words:

First, your "cowgirl" Sushi roll looks delicious.

RICE MATTERS! For those of you that don't like Sushi, start with better rice. Longrain white rice isn't 'right'. More common medium grain works better. Make sure it is FRESH! Old dead rice on a shelf somewhere will make nasty Sushi.

Regarding Nori, the rice it is used with matters IMHO. With proper Sushi seasoned rice and a piece of fish or mollusk are made to go together.

Freshwater Eels with that sauce are amazing in Sushi. I'm a big fan of the Scallops as well. Tuna isn't my thing in Sushi but, most smaller fish and Shrimp are tops for me as well.

Pure genius! I am definitely going to try this! Being a huge sushi and sashimi fan (living in SWFL helps the quality) this is right up my alley. Thanks for the great post!

OMG! Jeanie I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, you are truly amazing! You should be on the Food Channel with your own show, Giada and the Contessa should bow before you because they are not worthy and I love them both. To borrow from the great BBQ Bubba: "OUTSTANDING"!

Jeanie, you never cease to amaze me. I see you're still pushing the envelope and doing a fine job. Cheers young lady!

I don't post much here anymore but I do pay attention. For some reason, I always have to reset my password so it must be a glitch on my end.

Happy New Year and keep doing what you've been doing!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! It came out pretty tasty. :-D

Does this stuff come to you in a dream as you sleep? My dreams are much different...
Ed

lol Thanks Ed! It's a 2 hour round trip drive to my favorite sushi place, I have to get creative. :laugh:

Pure genius! I am definitely going to try this! Being a huge sushi and sashimi fan (living in SWFL helps the quality) this is right up my alley. Thanks for the great post!

Thanks Whiskey! Having fresh seafood available would be fantastic! :-D

That's a CRAZY fun idea, and your execution is incredible! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, LadyJ!!

Thank you Chris! Merry Christmas to you too! I hope the new year treats you well! :grin:

OMG! Jeanie I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, you are truly amazing! You should be on the Food Channel with your own show, Giada and the Contessa should bow before you because they are not worthy and I love them both. To borrow from the great BBQ Bubba: "OUTSTANDING"!
Neil! Good to see ya!
Thank you for the kind comment. I wouldn't give up my fishing time or freedom for anything. :laugh: Sending (((Hugs))) from Oklahoma!
Where in the heck did Bubba go??

Jeanie, you never cease to amaze me. I see you're still pushing the envelope and doing a fine job. Cheers young lady!

I don't post much here anymore but I do pay attention. For some reason, I always have to reset my password so it must be a glitch on my end.

Happy New Year and keep doing what you've been doing!

Wow, Pete! Good to see ya! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Still having those wonderful crawdad feasts? I hope so! lol
Sorry bout the log in problem. I've had to use the "remember me" option every time I visit, or I get kicked off the forum.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family!

Your imagination is unreal!!

I love it.

Thanks so much Barry! :grin:

The presentation is just amazing! Love sushi (oddly learned how much I liked it after I moved out of Japan) Looks delicious.

Thank you Dennis!!
I bet the sushi in Japan is amazing. So sorry you missed it! :-D

Back