THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It looks amazing....and I SO WISH I could say I would try it...but...for some reason I just can't mentally take that leap. What is the texture/flavor like?

I've only made tongue once - but it was great. Very beefy flavor and tender like filet. I did a heart once, but don't really remember the outcome - I think we were less than impressed.

The pics above are awesome!

It looks amazing....and I SO WISH I could say I would try it...but...for some reason I just can't mentally take that leap. What is the texture/flavor like?

I bet if I gave you a slice of the heart you would never know it was an organ.

Texture is slightly rubbery/chewy but not that far off from beef. Nothing like liver/brains or anything like that. It was quite good :)

Thanks everyone!

Oh man this looks awesome. I knew there was something I wanted to try this summer that I was forgetting. Beef tongue is on the to-do list again.

Looks great. But I'd pass on the tongue. I never liked the texture.
Beef heart tho is something new to try. Thanks!

Back