THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Playing around with the idea of Sloppy Joe’s on Ezekiel Muffins. I believe I have these ingredients or enough to MSU something close. Tips? Alternatives? Favorite Catsup? Q Sauce? I don’t eat supper so I have to make lunch count omitting as much sugar as possible.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb chopped smoked brisket ?
1 onion diced
1 red or yellow bell pepper diced
1/4 cup roasted green chile
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 cup? ketchup low/no sugar
3/4 cup Barbecue sauce of choice low sugar
1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp mustard
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
3/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper

This is an amazing recipe that I have used many times and always churns out great results. Let the onions and bell pepper cook down so they're soft. You'll get 5 stars for this one.

1 pound lean ground beef

¼ cup chopped onion

¼ cup chopped green bell pepper

½ teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

¾ cup ketchup

3 teaspoons brown sugar

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

This is an amazing recipe that I have used many times and always churns out great results. Let the onions and bell pepper cook down so they're soft. You'll get 5 stars for this one.

1 pound lean ground beef

¼ cup chopped onion

¼ cup chopped green bell pepper

½ teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

¾ cup ketchup

3 teaspoons brown sugar

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

That's pretty close to how I do it, but I'm probably closer to 65/35 ketchup to mustard ratio. I always eyeball it though, but that's my best guess. Anyway you make it, they always seem to end up delicious

All I can say is it turned out better than we expected. I got a fist bump from the wife. That is High Praise in this House. The sound of her fork scraping the plate was Music to my soul. Here’s what I ended up doing best I recall

1# ground beef
0.5# smoked brisket-chopped
1/4 cup brisket jelly
1/2 chopped purple onion
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
Two teaspoons unfiltered Pueblo Honey
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
3 tablespoon French’s Mustard
3 cloves garlic-jumbo chopped
1 teaspoon Fiesta Fajita Seasoning
1 teaspoon SPOGOS
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Bbq sauce
1/3 cup catchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire

Last edited:
Looks outstanding Adams! I'm definitely going to add some chopped brisket the next time I do a sloppy joe.

attachment.php

MooseLikes_zps5f21f484.jpg

Forgot something. Fiesta Mild Chili Powder. Guess I need to attempt to write things down.

Attempt

My apologies

I havent had Sloppy Joe's in soooo long, and yours is making my keyboard wet!! Got a chuckie in the freezer and I know what is going on in the next couple of days, as soon as the weather clears up. At least I can get the ingredients before then.

During our Fair and Rodeo week, for about the last 20 years, I've been both the prep guy and the sunrise pit manager for a free-for-all pork and lamb BBQ for maybe 150 to 200 folks. Amongs't all the barbecue delicacies.... on the side, we have an 18 quart Nesco roaster with sloppy Joe's for the kiddies... not the recipe from the 3rd grade, these are jazzed up.

PxHXmtr.jpg

I usually don't crack a beer until the first wave has dished up, then I have a shockingly cold beer, a sloppy Joe and get ready for round two. Adult sloppy Joe's are the best.

Back