THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steph is a stand up guy, I just met up with him and he let me switch out some rubs and gave me some seasoned oak since all my sources dried up. Thanks again!

I've always wanted to try those Simply Marvelous Rubs! :)

Seriously, I have tried all of them. I have not found one that I don't like. There are some that I like better, but they are all good. The Spicy Apple is awesome. The Sweet & Spicy is hard to beat. The Season-All is my "go to" seasoning - and my daughter is convinced that it is "her seasoning". The Cherry makes great rubs, but I did some beef with it, and it turned out better than I could have imagined. I could go on and on, but I won't...just to summarize, get ya some Simply Marvelous.

I just hope the other rubs aren't as good as the spicy apple! If they are I am going to be in trouble. How do you decide which to use? Also is the sweet and spicy the spicy apple?

The Sweet and Spicy is DIFFERENT than the Spicy Apple.

Are you coming to Dayton again this year? If so - and if I can come, I'll bring my shakers for ya to try...

YAAAAAY!!!!

I have a 4-pk on the way!
Sweet & Spicy
Spicy Apple
Season All
Pecan

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Can't WAIT!!!

Kempis,
Don't know if you know this or not, but the rub we used at the benefit last year was one of Steph's. Just so ya know how good his rubs are. When ya get that Spicy Apple, it is mandated that you try it on pork chops. Even if you don't LIKE pork chops, try it - it'll change your mind. The Season-all is great on, well, everything. Sweet & Spicy will give you a great bark on butts or briskets. Heck, why am I telling you all this, you'll enjoy them however you use them...

I remember it well Dan.......wasn't it the Cherry?
You had another 5 lb'er of something else too, right?

Yeah, that's why I ordered some Cherry a while back. MMMMMMMM! It's got a VERY original flavor.

I'm especially excited about the Spicy Apple and Pecan!
I just ran out of another pecan rub that I had that I really liked!

Sounds very good, and lots of great reviews. big brother smoke- Are you up for a rub trade? I would love to trade bundles.

Was hoping mine was going to be here tonight when I got home. Looks like I still have to wait.....

Got my four-pack a week ago. I did a couple steaks using the spicy apple and the cherry, I am totally hooked on the apple. I made some chicken thighs today using the spicy apple again, awesome. I can't wait to try it on pork.

Back