Simply Marvelous BBQ - Backyard BBQ Class - Feb 25, 2017

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
You use his award winning rubs, now you can learn from the Genie himself! Steph Franklin of Simply Marvelous BBQ will be teaching a Backyard BBQ Class at the Woodshed on Saturday Feb 25th. He is very generously donating his time so your registration fee is a 100% tax deductible donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. See the attached flyer for additional details! Act quickly - Limited to the first 30 who register. www.MikesOhanaSistersForACure.com

Simply%20Marvelous%20Woodshed%20Class%20Poster.jpg

The class is being held at 1015 N. Batavia St, Orange, CA (30 miles SE of Los Angeles)

I expect to see many of you So Cal Farkers, but don't wait too long to sign up, this will sell out fast!

As posted on Facebook tonight:

This is no ordinary Backyard BBQ Class - Stephan Franklin of Simply Marvelous BBQ has an awesome day planned for this Saturday including these amazing Snake River Farms Wagu Tomahawks - there's only a few spaces left - register today with a 100% tax deductible donation to Cancer Research!www.WoodshedFundraisingEvents.com.
16832090_10210132147992660_8656198858022487982_n.jpg

- looks like Greg, Mike and Jim are going to be eating well... wonder who else I will recognize there???

Anything in particular we need to bring, other that pants with expandable waistbands?

Very much looking forward to this! :whoo:

Gotta bump this back to the top. This is such a great cause and opportunity to hang out with some incredible people. I'm in the middle of round three of cancer treatment, otherwise would so be heading west.

Looking forward to all y'all's stories and pictures!

Cool class and great eats! Steph has an amazing depth and breadth of knowledge and experience and it was great to hear him talk about cooking this afternoon. It was a very well put on event. The support folks, including DUBAGGA & his bride as well as the Genie's bride and others, were all fantastic. Great day - thanks y'all!

I didn't get a lot of pix, but here are a few:

Salmon - fanfarkingtastic!

IMG_6282.jpg

Tomohawk steak - of course it was great!

IMG_6289.jpg

Looks like Steph is about to bean somebody with a tri tip.

IMG_6284.jpg

We also had MOINKs, ABT's ("pepper boats" when in polite company :heh:), pork belly, pineapple slaw, pineapple beans, corn pudding (big eye opener for me here - I'll be making this real soon), ribs, ribeye cap, tri tip, and pork tenderloin. And cupcakes. And donuts. :shocked: SRF kicked in a lot of the meat and it was excellent, as it always is.

What was really cool with this class is we got both a comp perspective and a catering perspective - BBQ for competin' and for eatin', as Simply Marvelous is highly accomplished in both of those areas of cooking.

I've never been to the Woodshed before - cool spot!

Looks like a great day, glad you enjoyed it, and Kudo's to those that donate time

Have a lot more photos on my Facebook page, but here are a few

100_0529.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0544.jpg

Salmon served in class was personally caught by Steph while in Alaska
100_0566.jpg

100_0580.jpg

100_0581.jpg

2.5lb Snake River Farms American Wagyu Tomahawk Steak
100_0591.jpg

100_0605.jpg