THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smokin D@wg@77

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
So this Sunday Smoke Shack cook was really cool. My grandson is doing his 1st cook / practice for his very 1st Kids Q competition in October. Hes super excited he enjoys going out to comps with me and walking with us when we get calls.

Hes the 1st one to the trophy most of the time. He already know to use Best Fuel out there Jealous Devil Charcoal :wink:. So of course the fire part still makes him nervous but that's a good thing too, respect for the fire. He nailed these Oscar Myer Angus Hot Dogs to perfection :clap2:. Its awesome to know he enjoys grilling and cooking and I hope it carries on with him through out.

For now though I will enjoy every moment we get spend together out at the smoke shack , if hes into it I'm A HAPPY Grand Paw.

Attachments

• bently1.jpg
    bently1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 217
  • bently2.jpg
    bently2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 216
  • bently3.jpg
    bently3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 213
  • bently4.jpg
    bently4.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 216
  • bently5.jpg
    bently5.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 216
  • bently6.jpg
    bently6.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 216
That is what it's all about, Jason. My daughter and I have been cooking together from the start and we have had a few walks, but just spending time with her was worth more than anything! She is starting college in the Fall (close by) and even though she usually shows up on Saturday these days, it is still something special that we enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing his first GC soon!

That is what it's all about, Jason. My daughter and I have been cooking together from the start and we have had a few walks, but just spending time with her was worth more than anything! She is starting college in the Fall (close by) and even though she usually shows up on Saturday these days, it is still something special that we enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing his first GC soon!

That's awesome Ron , BBQ is a great "together tool"

Jason, Thank You for posting these pics of your cooking good time with your Grandson!!
I always wish I was Blessed with a Grand to pass on the enjoyment and Art of the Que to. Maybe you should look into Worldjrbbqleauge in the future for him. Melissa Cookston has started it and it is a great way to teach the Art of The Que, and important life lessons to the youth of today!!

Jason, Thank You for posting these pics of your cooking good time with your Grandson!!
I always wish I was Blessed with a Grand to pass on the enjoyment and Art of the Que to. Maybe you should look into Worldjrbbqleauge in the future for him. Melissa Cookston has started it and it is a great way to teach the Art of The Que, and important life lessons to the youth of today!!

Very true sir ! Yes a couple of high schools and 1 middle schools in and around our area have BBQ comp class as an school elective. Whisky Bent BBQ supply is big endorser and helps the programs alot. Very cool to see youth involved , our last 2 coemptions they gotten back yard division calls, and 1 PRO CALL !!!! :thumb:

Back