THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seriously great looking results there. I have been here, there and everywhere today, no time for a real lunch, and those pics reminded me of that. Now I have to go fill that void. Great cook as always, Jeanie.

Shoot Ron, I'd fed ex one to you if possible. Thanks! :-D

That and a cold long neck Coors would be heaven.:thumb:

Another Coors fan, great!! Not many of us on the forum. lol Thank you!! :thumb::grin:

Great fark almighty that looks fantastic Jeanie!. :shocked:

My lovely yet allergic wife is out of town next weekend...might be time to snag some skrimps and make a pitiful attempt at replicating this!

Really fantastic Jeanie - one of my favorites out of a very, very strong field!

These look amazing...

BUT...it does bring to mind a question.

I saw in the first image you were using a tool to de-vein the shrimp.

I live in New Orleans...we go through a TON of shrimp here. I never bother de-veining them, and a lot of people don't.

I'm curious how many folks here bother with the trouble to de-vein their shrimp before eating?

When you do boiled peel and eat shrimp, do you peel it, then dig through the cooked meat to get that vein out then too?

It just seems too much bother to me and I don't feel it really removes enough to be bothered with.

Anyway, just curious how many out there take the trouble to de-vein their shrimp for all methods of cooking and eating?

Great fark almighty that looks fantastic Jeanie!. :shocked:

My lovely yet allergic wife is out of town next weekend...might be time to snag some skrimps and make a pitiful attempt at replicating this!

Really fantastic Jeanie - one of my favorites out of a very, very strong field!

Thanks Greg! :-D It's one of my favorite comfort meals. I guess any food that's creamy and smokey is hard for me to pass up. lol Hope you give it a try sometime. :)

DaYum is correct on this cook Jeanie!

Thanks so much Marty! :-D

These look amazing...

BUT...it does bring to mind a question.

I saw in the first image you were using a tool to de-vein the shrimp.

I live in New Orleans...we go through a TON of shrimp here. I never bother de-veining them, and a lot of people don't.

I'm curious how many folks here bother with the trouble to de-vein their shrimp before eating?

When you do boiled peel and eat shrimp, do you peel it, then dig through the cooked meat to get that vein out then too?

It just seems too much bother to me and I don't feel it really removes enough to be bothered with.

Anyway, just curious how many out there take the trouble to de-vein their shrimp for all methods of cooking and eating?

It depends on the dish. The tool in the photo "shells and de-veins" shrimp in one swoop. When preparing shrimp for stuffing, as in this dish, I do not want shells in the food. Same with shrimp and grits...no shells.

c90b689a-213a-4f0d-ae0c-f89a4fa45b10_zps59f4f5d9.jpg

82602ddf-03d1-48cd-8afd-bbbdd14f8839_zpsheebg4yr.jpg

65a04dfe-6f9d-4525-a43a-64a952c99439_zpstkabmxng.jpg

5065997d-cd64-40b3-abda-acf7df7534b4_zpsdbsisrtr.jpg

When preparing shrimp for other dishes, BBQ'd shrimp, crawdad/shrimp boils, etc., the shells and veins don't need to be removed. Everyone can shell and de-vein their own.

831cc9fd-3653-4e5b-bbd1-a0283d54823d_zpsosinfzgc.jpg

d99622de-cd31-4bcc-87f6-9fa36bd798ad_zpsd3xeh80l.jpg

7d9d9df8-ffcb-47a8-b713-cc952392afc3_zpsfvdn90r9.jpg

lol Just remembered, when I posted the Griddle Shrimp and Grits cook here the first time, someone complained because I didn't shell and de-vein the shrimp.:doh: :laugh:

Last edited:
My mouth literally watered when I looked at those pictures. I am now hungry! Wish I could make something like that for dinner but probably not tonight. Man you know how to eat right Jeanie!!! Hope you are well...at least we know you are eatin right :razz:

Good Lord, Almighty... that looks ah-mazing!

Dammit, Jeanie... I swear I can nearly taste what you're cooking through every photo you post (and that's a GOOD thing)...

Keep rockin', Bosslady!

Jen you have thrown a show stopper out... just when I think your gonna take a break.... hoop there it is another killer creation....can a human mind really pack that much awesomeness inside of one persons head.... obviously so!!!!!:clap2:

Dayum is right.....that is a fine looking meal neighbor!

The added photos of past shrimp cooks put a second round of drool on the keyboard!

Thank Adam!

Very nice jeanie, shrimp is so versatile!
Thanks Norm! I agree, shrimp goes well in almost anything. :-D

Looks amazing.
Thanks!

:shock:

You had me at shrimp! :mrgreen:
Thank you!

My mouth literally watered when I looked at those pictures. I am now hungry! Wish I could make something like that for dinner but probably not tonight. Man you know how to eat right Jeanie!!! Hope you are well...at least we know you are eatin right :razz:

Thanks Clay, all is well here. Hope you and family are doing well too! :)

Good Lord, Almighty... that looks ah-mazing!

Dammit, Jeanie... I swear I can nearly taste what you're cooking through every photo you post (and that's a GOOD thing)...

Keep rockin', Bosslady!

Thanks so much Marc! :-D

Jen you have thrown a show stopper out... just when I think your gonna take a break.... hoop there it is another killer creation....can a human mind really pack that much awesomeness inside of one persons head.... obviously so!!!!!:clap2:

Thank you Paul, very kind of you!

Back