THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This was a shot from last year. I have to neaten it up to take a current picture,

Rubs003_zps815d3849.jpg
You have some serious issues! I thought I had a lot of spices!

One cupboard here with rubs and sauces. Wife thinks this is crazy and she hasn't discovered the cabinet in the laundry room where I store more sauce and bulk rubs. Gotta keep 'em separate so I know which to try next and what I save for comps.. Yes, I got a problem. I'm a sauce hoarder for sure.

Attachments

What is Duck Salt? Never heard of it. :confused:
It's a seasoned salt, the guy created it in a FEMA trailer after a tornado leveled Greensburg KS. He sells it to groups for fundraisers. Don't believe he sells it direct anymore. I got my last batch from a nearby small town Fire Dept.

matt@ducksalt.com for more info. Good stuff!

When I think of spices, I think of the shelf life of the spices. Herbs, especially, only last a year or so.
From McCormick
• Ground spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric): 2 to 3 years
• Herbs (basil, oregano, parsley): 1 to 3 years
• Seasoning blends: 1 to 2 years
• Whole spices (cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks): 4 years
• Seeds: 4 years (except for poppy and sesame seeds, which should be discarded after 2 years)
• Extracts: 4 years (except for vanilla, which will last forever)
So how many of those shown are old? Just curious.

Back