Shirley Rolling Today. Brisket, Butts & Chicken

Ok so finally back with the rest of the pics. I'm actually surprised I got a few at the end after all the folks came over. Ended up having close to 20 people including kids which was more than expected since not every time does all the invited folks show up. They all made it which was great. Still had plenty of food and they all brought beer so I have more beer today than when I started yesterday which is always a plus :-D.

Here's the 2nd brisket that we all ate. There wasn't any left of this one. Even I ate more brisket than normal, though mostly the cubed up point as that is always tasty

Was good like the first. Keep in mind this came off around 205 and I didn't vent at all. Kept it wrapped and straight put into a cooler for 2hrs. No overcooking. So sometimes the venting to let temp come down" isn't a solution to not overcooking brisket. It could be a culprit, but really depends on all the other techniques a person might use during the cook.

Here's the pasta salad I made

Chicken and pork

And brisket cut up. The soy and worstershire go really well in a brisket injection if you ever like to mess around with adding flavor.

I should have another fairly big cook on my SF in a few weeks for a friends kids bday party. Gonna pull it over there and cook for around 50 people.

I will admit, those brisket pics fantastic!

People are arriving you say, but yet once again my invitation must've been lost in the mail. I will have to take this up with my local post office....

Ha :-D. Yeah I mean I sent out invites to everyone. But stamps for all those would be expensive so I didn't put them on there and just hoped the post office didn't notice :becky:

Your friends are lucky to have such a good cook!!

Thanks. Our friendships really works out well. I'm the worst for keeping beer stocked at my place. It is normally a hodge podge of like 6-10 beers at any random moment (though I always have bourbon). So I cook the bbq and then when everyone asks what they can bring to help I just say bring beer/booze and then I'm stocked for a few weeks :-D.

Back