THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Ok so after a semi-long day I'm finally sitting down to put up more pics of my brand spankin new Shirley Fabrication trailer that I won from the Gainesville Jaycees raffle that benefits their Empty Stocking Fund. So awesome of Paul & Tyler to donate a cooker to help the cause :clap2:. One of the rules of winning was to post pics so here are a couple :becky:.

Was about 3hr 15mins each way to Tuscaloosa and after getting there and chatting with Tyler for a while and also stopping at RD on the way home took about 8hrs till I finally got home.

So I had my alarm set for 8am to leave around 9am. For some reason I woke up at 5am (my stupid competition internal clock likes to do that to me on Saturdays) and couldn't go back to sleep because I was thinking about the smoker :loco:. I left around 8am and after a nice drive to Tuscaloosa I arrived at the mecca that is Shirley Fabrication :hail:.

Paul was unfortunately working at his other job, which I knew ahead of time, so I got to meet up with Tyler who might be the better half anyways :p. Ha! He gave me the run down as I haven't run a stick burner since once of my first smokers was a COS. Tyler and Paul are some of the nicest people I have ever met/talked to. Even from the beginning Paul has been on the phone with me a bunch working out details and even being very gracious and adding in a few things I wanted that I saw he had done for some of his other smokers. He was always keeping me updated which is quite awesome when waiting on a new smoker :-D.

I don't really have much of a review on performance yet of course, but will after tomorrow. What I can say is dang this thing is top of the line. I haven't run a pit like this before, but I have been around a lot of stick burners up close and personal when we are out doing competitions and my initial thoughts are this things is as equal if not better than anything I have seen up close.

Ok less reading and now pics...........:mrgreen:

Here's Tyler and me posing with the awesomeness

Very proud to be representing!!

Had just gotten home

Shot of the firebox/warmer and Erin checking out the smoker. She was just about excited as I was

Inside the warming box. It is 12" taller than standard. Racks are 20"x20"

Charcoal basket

That one pic Paul put up of that Monster smoker they made where he was in the Warmer and Tyler was in the firebox inspired this picture. I tried to shove Erin the firebox, but no dice :twitch:

Here is the wood box. Did I mention they gave me a bunch of oak to try?? I have hickory, but they graciously offered some extra wood. Will be fun to try both.

Opened up

Smoker just got even better looking

Close up of the wheel guard/lights

Here it is in the garage. I tried briefly to pull it to the backyard, but with all the snow/ice/rain 2wd wouldn't cut it. Ground too soft. I kicked Erin's car out of the garage for this :crazy:

See. Too soft even for a little incline :doh:.

I stopped at RD on the way home because I wasn't smoking enough on my first try. Picked up 2 more butts and a brisket

Here is most of the food I'll be cooking tomorrow (gots some moinks too) laid out on the racks. My quick measurement put the bottom rack at 21.5"x51.5" and the top is 20.5"x51.5"

Shot with a few pans on there just to show how it looks

Full pan even fits in the warming box

Damper from cooking chamber to warming box. Paul said it will get above 200 in the warmer and I'm going to mess around tomorrow with some briquettes snaked in that charcoal pan that is in the warmer to add extra heat.

Is this how it works?? Meat in the bottom, light a log and jam that into the bag of charcoal??

So we will see how it goes tomorrow. Got family/friends coming over to eat whatever food I'm able to produce :icon_blush:. I was going to at least light a fire in it today, but after getting back and then running out to Home Depot for a few things I didn't get to it. So going a little rogue. Should be fun!!

I'll be taking lots of pics of whatever happens tomorrow. Thanks for reading all of this :-D. And another great big thank you to Paul and Tyler for donating this cooker. You guys are awesome!!! :clap2::clap2::thumb:

fnbish It has been a pleasure talking with you and we will most defiantly meet one day.... I was at work at the refinery when I saw what the what the Jaycees were doing... I thought HMM I think I want to be a part of that.... Me and Tyler are a Father son Team not a big outfit.... But I have tried to instill, pride, ethics, and class to Tyler..... The blessing is what we received knowing that we helped some Kids that were not so fortunate...... the word tells me ...."what you do for the least of mine you do for me" We are in again this coming year.... I told Tyler There are two kinds of people givers and takers when it is time to check out of here I hope you can say my Dad was a giver that is enough for me!!!!!!! Thanks to the Brethern and The Jaycees and to all who bought tickets..... There were Others who donated too, backwoods was one Kudos to that group also.... Not sure who else but mention them too.

That's great. And even better that you won it. That's awesome that Paul an Tyler were able to donate such a great pit to a good cause. Make sure to take lots of pictures tomorrow.

fnbish It has been a pleasure talking with you and we will most defiantly meet one day.... I was at work at the refinery when I saw what the what the Jaycees were doing... I thought HMM I think I want to be a part of that.... Me and Tyler are a Father son Team not a big outfit.... But I have tried to instill, pride, ethics, and class to Tyler..... The blessing is what we received knowing that we helped some Kids that were not so fortunate...... the word tells me ...."what you do for the least of mine you do for me" We are in again this coming year.... I told Tyler There are two kinds of people givers and takers when it is time to check out of here I hope you can say my Dad was a giver that is enough for me!!!!!!! Thanks to the Brethern and The Jaycees and to all who bought tickets..... There were Others who donated too, backwoods was one Kudos to that group also.... Not sure who else but mention them too.

Thanks Paul! You guys rock!

Brother, you are one lucky Farker! I bet you're absolutely beside yourself giddy, I know I'd be. That is one awesome pit those artists made for ya! Congratulations!

Back