THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ewknapp08

Knows what a fatty is.
On the verge of placing a deposit on a Shirley. I'll be coming down from NY to get it so here is my dilemma. Should I order a patio model or a small trailer model? I will be able to tow it home but I also have a trailer to put a patio model on to get it home. For those that own one or the other, what's the best option?

I don't necessarily need to move it around a lot one it's back in NY. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have a patio full of cookers so the trailer model made more sense for me. I also don't have a trailer to move a patio model around. Go ahead and put the order in now to reserve your spot in line. You can change it later.

Edit: it looks like you have a patio offset. You keeping it? If so I would get the trailer. If not then the patio model might work better. Do you have space to store a trailer where it won't get stolen?

I bought a patio 2 years ago. I now wish I would of spent the money for a trailer. I might call Paul to see what is involved in putting the cooker on a trailer. Just my thoughts. You never know what may be in your future BBQ plans. Be prepared. Whatever you do, you are going to love your Shirley. Great cooker.

I would say you got 7 months to figure it out , just get your deposit in or it might 8 or 9 months . I think the question you asked only you can answer your needs and I have had both but love my golf cart model for easy moving .

In my opinion you should talk to the Shirleys about a patio/trailer conversion. Meaning a patio mounted to a low slung trailer. Best of both worlds.

Being custom, just about anything is possible.:wink:

Back