THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good luck! Pay atttention to your turn-in boxes when you get them at the cooks meeting. They had our team numbers marked on the bottom side of the box and not the top. We did not notice this till they came aroumd later to scratch out the number and re-write it on top. Told them we already had our boxes made-up. What do they do? They grab the box and turn it almost completely upside down with it with our garnish inside.:eek:

Good luck! Pay atttention to your turn-in boxes when you get them at the cooks meeting. They had our team numbers marked on the bottom side of the box and not the top. We did not notice this till they came aroumd later to scratch out the number and re-write it on top. Told them we already had our boxes made-up. What do they do? They grab the box and turn it almost completely upside down with it with our garnish inside.:eek:

Thanks. I will do that.

One more thing, don't try to talk to them much. Not the most friendly couple in the world:confused:

do you remember me asking "numbers on the top or numbers on the bottom?" at the cooks meeting?? I met the folks at their camper when they came back from supper....I said "you numbered the boxes on the bottom....the gentleman said..."GD....we ain't changing it!" I said, "You better make a decision and let everyone know as a lot of teams make up their boxes the night before."

I hope you are reading this Merl.....what a very bad representation of KCBS.....these folks don't need to be repping until they are taken back to school....but all you folks from KCBS will be getting an email from me, plus the contest critic form.

EXE, If you get those extra points I think you Might be ahead of us!! I hope not! Just kidding, its just a bad deal all around.

Critic form sent...., haven't sent the email yet.....still wondering if it would do any good.

You won't know unless you try.There was a rep who did a SHODDY job at a contest a few years back. The rep got hammered drunk (back when they could drink) and left REALLY late at night. You could tell they felt like dog doo the next day. There were some issues that day (nothing as bad as what I'm hearing that came out of Sedalia). I took the rep to the side after it was over and let them know I was filing a formal complaint the following Monday. I did. I wasn't the only one. They don't rep anymore.

Critic form sent...., haven't sent the email yet.....still wondering if it would do any good.

I think it will.
(i think we have to think it will)

KCBS has gone so far this weekend to give Pacific a free extra rep this weekend. Tom was told they are taking steps to make sure it doesnt happen again.

KCBS has gone so far this weekend to give Pacific a free extra rep this weekend. Tom was told they are taking steps to make sure it doesnt happen again.

It ran smoothly the year before because I think Phil was there to oversee them. He defended them pretty good on the 'other' forum. He also got me to thinking, as my cooking days wind down, I may look into becoming a rep.

I faxed off my contest critique form to KCBS yesterday morning with mostly high marks for the organizer (except for PC during turn-in time) and the venue but LOW marks for the reps.

Back