Score- on those occasions you dine BBQ

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I’ve been trying to broaden my BBQ Horizons. Mainly by trying sausage and sides at famous and not so famous Q restaurants. Happened to be in Lubbock Tx and was a quick jaunt to Wolfforth to Evie Maes Barbecue. This is one of Texas Monthly top rated places. I was going to stick to my guns and get sausage and sides. Then I spied the sign- free beer- then I spied the #6 on the menu. Bunch of meat two sides relishes of jalapeño onion pickles white bread.

28$
Turkey, pulled pork, pork ribs, brisket, and of course-sausage. Sides were loaded baked potato salad and bacon green beans.

I wonder how many Q joints serve top shelf food plus free beer. Brought a lot home. Sausage was killer and everything was awesome. Long line, moved fast. They sold out about an hour after we left. Bride bought a piece of their chocolate cake to bring home also.

What a great price.

I only had one beer.

Last edited:
Those plate prices aren't bad. Looks really good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice!

Have to put that one on my list. I dont get that direction visiting the inlaws, but maybe a road trip!?

That #12 plate looked like a good way to end up in a food coma - especially if you took advantage of the free beer along the way.:mrgreen:

That looks good... and the price for the beer is right.
Not my preferred brand, but hey, free is everyone's brand...

I've been trying more sausage when trying different BBQ joints lately as well, and now it's got me wanting to run some through my UDS soon. I've got a friend that makes his own Andouille that is just awesome, can't wait for the next round, because I'm smoking some...

That’s great you went out and enjoyed food that you didn’t cook. Us bbq snobs that’s hard to find. At work we go out to eat on thursdays and we normally hit up the Spring Creek from time to time. They really like it. I not so much. I always order a chop beef sandwich. When pilled full of onions and Jalepenos that’s hard to mess up. I need to venture out more. Your post might just help that.

We've been meaning to stop by for lunch... appreciate the quick review.

Platter looks large, and tasty!

I’ve been trying to broaden my BBQ Horizons. Mainly by trying sausage and sides at famous and not so famous Q restaurants. Happened to be in Lubbock Tx and was a quick jaunt to Wolfforth to Evie Maes Barbecue. This is one of Texas Monthly top rated places. I was going to stick to my guns and get sausage and sides. Then I spied the sign- free beer- then I spied the #6 on the menu. Bunch of meat two sides relishes of jalapeño onion pickles white bread.

28$

Turkey, pulled pork, pork ribs, brisket, and of course-sausage. Sides were loaded baked potato salad and bacon green beans.

I wonder how many Q joints serve top shelf food plus free beer. Brought a lot home. Sausage was killer and everything was awesome. Long line, moved fast. They sold out about an hour after we left. Bride bought a piece of their chocolate cake to bring home also.

What a great price.

I only had one beer.

Am I supposed to buy that 1 beer line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is one amazing looking platter and there is just something about those green beans that are calling to me. I am jealous as the only BBQ within 50 miles of me is Dickeys and beyond that the choices are limited.

Back