THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In my opinion, and from experience in cooks, reverse sear is overrated. When you Sear hot and fast, you barely cook the meat. When you wrap after searing, you retain moisture, and allow the juices the evenly disperse. You guys can do your reverse sears, but pictures don't lie.

No more than medium rare for me. I’ll do forward and reverse sear and usually like it better with the reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reverse sear produces a more consistent and superior product in my opinion. Searing first overcooks the meat on the outside and can make it grainy.

The slower the better. I do mine on the santa maria with a mix of oak and almond and set up the fire as far from the meat as possible. 60-90 minutes it will be around 115, rest 20 minutes, then sear over hottest fire possible.

Sous vide and finished in a screaming hot cast inro pan and basted in butter is yummy too.

Like a brisket works, but I'd rather cook a brisket and have left overs.

Back