THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Finally had a chance to cook up this Tri-tip after a few delays. 4 pounds and untrimmed. Girlfriend sick and watching some kind of Sex in the City marathon with her friend. Cooking today wasn't my first choice at 101 degrees, a bit windy and humid as heck. So? Tend a bitchee fire covered in sweat, smoke and ash...or a 3 hour barrage of Carrie Bradshaw.:faint: Cooked over Oak and Orange wood that was still a bit green, but after it cooked down it was fine. Just the traditional salt, pepper, and garlic. Took about and hour. Real tasty. Yeah, I know a couple slices are cut with the grain. Long story.

Attachments

Looks good West. I'm really thinking about that grill but I absolutely have no room for it. :heh:

That's awesome looking.

It is pretty amazing the difference between the slices with the grain and the slices in the background against the grain. Shows just how much of a difference it makes in presentation alone.

Back