THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After letting the TPX 2500 cool down from processing over 173 sortable fields of Hard Nosed BBQ Data...I bring to you...with a resounding 98.9% accuracy...our highest recording ever...Austin, TX

But first, can Quau fire it back up and chase it down again? Can Johnny Trigg find the magic in those "boots with the fur...with the fur"? Will a couple of other teams sneak in and capture glory down in Tejas? Or could those Jambo driving Ohio City Boys out Jambo Johnny Trigg.

:-D:-DIn a press release from Them Ohio City Boys we issue this statement "We want Jambo pink slips to be put on the table: Ohio vs. Texas. Winner takes it all, loser takes the fall! World Champions...we'll see. To quote Kenny Powers..."set that _ _ _ _ up!":-D:-D:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I made that up...we don't need any death threats...again...you know who you are!

Let's Do This!

Region 2 - Austin, TX
1. Quau (Hits a soft draw and takes it down)
2. Blazen BBQ
3. Smoke'n Ice
4. Smokin' Triggers
5. Them Ohio City Boys
6. Grills Gone Wild of Texas
7. Hoggy Style OK
8. Ritter's BBQ Too!
9. Texas Rib Rangers BBQ
10. it aint prime
11. full moon
12. Smokin' Wally's BBQ
13. Sweet Heat Competition Barbeque
14. INHOGNITO
15. Just Smokin
16. BROTHER UBS BBQ
17. Pitmaker - BBQ Addiction
18. Los Primos BBQ
19. BS BBQ
20. lost gonzo bbq
21. Big Bro's Que
22. T & A BBQ
23. South Texas Brew Crew
24. EZ BBQ Bunch
25. Redneck Cooker
26. KABOOSE COOKERS
27. Circle Track Smokers
28. Cosmic Cooks
29. Full Draw BBQ
30. S & S Pit Crew

The hard part of cooking in TX is that we (in KCBS) rarely hear from the TX syndicate....they are some good cooking teams, I have gotten to cook against a few in Lonestar and IBCA....tough field.....and to take it from Johnny is his back yard....tough call on that one....but, it will be a fun one at that!!

The hard part of cooking in TX is that we (in KCBS) rarely hear from the TX syndicate....they are some good cooking teams, I have gotten to cook against a few in Lonestar and IBCA....tough field.....and to take it from Johnny is his back yard....tough call on that one....but, it will be a fun one at that!!

SSSSHHHHHH! I think the rankings are about right.

Kind words...

As one of the stronger handicappers in the FBA, I will tell you that the "BBQ Swami" has some serious skills. He is a member of our team but now that he is up north, we only get to cook together about 3-4 times a year.

When we cook together, the tradition is for us to make a drink after turn in's, grab the microphone in our tent and start setting the odds for awards. I have never seen this guy hit at less than 90% and walk away without a pocket full of money. He did all this without the power of the computer bank that he has set up now.

Maybe the guy has too much time on his hands but who am I to judge, he is just that damn good. I would definitely say to participate in this at your own risk because this guy is shark, he knows his BBQ.

I'm not only talking contest results but rubs, sauces, cook classes, injections, etc. We have been able to take his analysis and our participation in Rub's cooking class to cut down our learning curve significantly.

At the end of the day, whether you like him or hate him, he is one of the funniest guys to sit down and split a case of Natty Light with!

As for Natty Light...that's not me...ever...never once!

As mentioned...Smokey D and I, G6 to and from comps and sip only the finest wines and trappist ales...we are inseperable. As for the 90% accuracy...that was before the computer.

Maybe as part of the prize pool, I'll tell you one of our many stories we've accumulated along the way:
1. The only way to win your first Grand Championship (Fake a TV Show)
2. Missing turn-ins in Wauchula because half your team was less than desirable before the cooks meeting. (Side note: Don't have a contest in the parking lot of a police station and call the event - dry!)
3. Attempting to purchase a lot of bbq product from one of my BBQ Heroes and somehow it ending with me receiving multiple death threats (not from him...he's still a hero of mine and I've never met him). Good deeds never go unpunished. NO NAMES PLEASE!!!
4. Post as your brother on this forum and get him cussed out by an older lady in front of all of your friends and family @ Pigfrest (Classic). His face...when he had no idea what was going on...priceless.

I'll stop there!

I'll see some of you guys in a few weeks at a warm up. We can discuss our picks at that time. I suspect that the team in the 24 spot might do a bit better than the TPX2400 believes as it may not speak Texican very well, if at all.

I'm flattered by my ranking but cooking in Texas against a bunch of damn good cooks from Texas and elsewhere may prove a major hurdle.

Just saying, since my wife and I are certified judges, we'll probably sign up to judge in Ft. Worth if we want to be there.

97.7% Accurate...thanks for the feedback.

I'll see some of you guys in a few weeks at a warm up. We can discuss our picks at that time. I suspect that the team in the 24 spot might do a bit better than the TPX2400 believes as it may not speak Texican very well, if at all.

I'm flattered by my ranking but cooking in Texas against a bunch of damn good cooks from Texas and elsewhere may prove a major hurdle.

Just saying, since my wife and I are certified judges, we'll probably sign up to judge in Ft. Worth if we want to be there.

Don't you sandbag us with that softball response...you are in that spot for a reason.

The TPX2400 is actually fluent in over 21 foreign languages, which is why one of our newest sponsors for this pick em' is....this is an exciting annoncement...

Rosetta Stone

Region 4: Evergreen, IL

It is with 96.1% accuracy that the PS3XBOX2900 Super Computer has returned its findings for Evergreen, IL. Although, it has a couple of big hitters...it is mostly loaded with teams that are looking for a long awaited return to the GC stage or a first GC. I have to admit the first time that we analyzed...it did throw Captain Ron as GC. There was one glaring problem with that...Able Acres and 4 Smokin Butts were not added at that time.

With that being said...here is exactly how this one is going to play out. Also, my arch nemesis (Hoosier Crawdaddy)...he beat me for Ohio Team of the Year 2010 qualifies and inches closer to my meeting him again reuninion. I bet he had no idea that I had him on my radar all this time.

I bet he sleeps well at night, too.
1. Able Acres BBQ
2. 4 smokin' butts
3. Gilly's Barnstormin' BBQ
4. Uncle Bub's BBQ
5. Twyford BBQ & Catering
6. Hoosier Crawdaddy
7. Stockcar BBQ
8. Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
9. Double D's of Indiana
10. Windy City Smokers
11. Blue Chip BBQ
12. Three Porks and a Smoker
13. Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill
14. The Smoke Hunters
15. Pork Patrol BBq
16. rib runners
17. Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
18. Roadmaster BBQ
19. Joey Mac Smoke Stax
20. Smoky River BBQ
21. Barnstormers BBQ
22. Black and Blue BBQ
23. Dale's Rib Snort'N' BBQ
24. Ma & Pa's Kettle
25. Pepperitaville
26. rollin'ribs
27. burnita bar-be-que boys
28. Shake 'n Bake BBQ
29. MikeRIB BBQ
30. bigdaddyoowee bbq

No Death Threats!!!:-D

maybe the competition makes you turtle up? :crazy:

Good luck Ron. I sure would love to see a local team win it...

And damn.. Joey Mac drops to not even in the top half?

I like the first run better :-D But adding 4 Smokin' Butts and Able Acres dropped us to 8th? That don't make sense :-D

I have fired up my TRS80 Color Computer (CoCo), got the 8" floppies ready to go, submitted the FORTRAN program deck to the computer lab and they put it through the IBM 082 card sorter and have certified it error free and transfered it to 5 track punch tape. All I need now is the Lotus spread sheet from GoodbuddiesBBQ to make my guaranteed picks. Couldn't get the 6250GCR tape decks working, there is "crap in the Gap" and they need to be defluxed (edited by WordStar)

I have fired up my TRS80 Color Computer (CoCo), got the 8" floppies ready to go, submitted the FORTRAN program deck to the computer lab and they put it through the IBM 082 card sorter and have certified it error free and transfered it to 5 track punch tape. All I need now is the Lotus spread sheet from GoodbuddiesBBQ to make my guaranteed picks.

Ooooo... You have a color version? I'm jealous! :becky:

I'm in for the game. I think our rank is about right really as the OP location is tough. We like being the underdog and sneaking up on people from behind :boxing:

Back