Rudy's Barbecue

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Personally I find the regional BBQ place pretty good. But they excel in an area some never realized. Smoked Pork Green Chile Stew. Here is a recipe that claims knockoff. I've read and reread and it's, in my mind :)pretty dang accurate. In true SW Green Chile Stew fashion the heat level can vary, but in my experience it's usually one of the most capsaicin elevated GC Stews you can buy. The potatoes they use have integrity but melt like dumplings when eaten.

Here's link to Rudy's Barbecue knockout/knockoff GC Stew Recipe

https://thorsfork.com/rudys-green-chile-stew-recipe/

Thanks Adams, the stew is nice (from experience) and the recipe is quite generic -- not that there's anything wrong with that, just no surprises. I agree with you that Rudy's is pretty good. There is variance in the locations. I find the seasoning a bit weak, but I've definitely had much worse brisket, even in Texas.

Not too many things surprising or out of the ordinary. Good, solid recipe. I might elect to flour dredge my pork to add thickening as it cooks - or hit it with powdered tortilla chips at the end. A bowl of that and some cornbread will taste mighty fine.

thanks

This was the recipe for all to enjoy, cuss or discuss thread. I put my today's long road trip in the road trip thread.

Green Chile Season is upon us

Enjoy

Back